Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,704Posts
    • 45,323Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 241
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 30th Jan 11, 8:34 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    £62 for a card Fabulous if you can sell them for that I think but who would buy a card for that??? The lady who made the card has a blog here, it's full of beautiful things, she is a designer for several stamp companies such as LOTV and Stampavie and demonstrates at shows. She also gives away a Magnolia stamp every weekend courtesy of Simon Says Stamp.

Flourgirl, congratulations to your neice, I love the name Lola

Louby, fab news about your neice, must be such a relief that she is on a normal ward now.

Tomsmom, please name and shame if it was me, I took your card to the post office so I hope they charged me correctly

I got most of my ironing done, tidied and cleaned a bit so we are set for a new week
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 30th Jan 11, 8:38 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Hi everyone, I'm quite pleased with myself today, I've nearly finished a birthday card for my Mum, just got to stick the flowers down. Its not her birthday until valentines day but she's coming up to visit tomorrow with my sister so I'm trying to get her card and presents ready so that she can take them back with her. I really must get cracking with some new baby cards - s-i-l is due in 6 weeks and she decided not to find out what she's having so I need to make one of each. I find it really hard choosing baby images and paper, I think I'm going to order the cute baby and blanket one from LOTV.
    Originally posted by melissa75
    I have the baby blanket LOTV if you want me to stamp you some? Also have the baby set by Ladybug, they are gorgeous, could do some of those as well if you want?

My OH also thinks the house cleans itself I'm sure *rolls eyes*
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
  • jowri
    Hi Everyone

just flying through,

Louby I'm so glad your niece is doing ok

Tomsmum I don't blame you, our post office puts mine through the letter box checker thingy first

I'm blooming hopping mad this weekend, In December I lost the diamond out of my engagement ring, it was insured and they agreed to replace it, after waiting 7 weeks for it to come back I received it on Saturday, My ring was a 0.27 carat diamond solitaire, which they had the box, receipt and a photo of, they have replaced it with a 0.05 carat flake set in a illusion setting!!!!!!!!!!!!, I have had it verified by an independent jeweller and he has given me written details saying it is not what it should be and I'll be making several heated phone calls tomorrow to get it sorted, so my advice is do not let your insurance company use IVAL they are robbing gits

on a brighter not my tattered flowers die arrived yesterday and I treated myself to one of the new xcut multi shaper punches today to cheer my self up ( I'm still bloody angry though_

take care
    Take care Jo x
  • melissa75
    Rainmac - that's really kind of you! I was going to place an order there tomorrow anyway so I wont bother you!!! I'll have a look at the ladybug set - I don't think I've seen them. My OH thinks that fairies come in the middle of the night and pick up his dirty clothes too!
  • pointofnoreturn
    The hearts on that card, i have some fimo, where do i get some moulds from?
    Originally posted by kms26
    I can't see any hearts on the card lol - do you mean the card that sold for £62?? I've looked and can't see any fimo hearts????
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
    • kms26
    • By kms26 30th Jan 11, 9:00 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    I can't see any hearts on the card lol - do you mean the card that sold for £62?? I've looked and can't see any fimo hearts????
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    Yeah the card that sold for £62 it says in the listing clay hearts
    But looking at her blog i would say it was chipboard embossed. But what i mean are these hearts on this card
  • pointofnoreturn
    Yeah the card that sold for £62 it says in the listing clay hearts
    But looking at her blog i would say it was chipboard embossed. But what i mean are these hearts on this card
    Originally posted by kms26
    Ok - yes the ones on this card are probably made from a mould like these and these
    Last edited by pointofnoreturn; 30-01-2011 at 9:13 PM.
    • TomsMom
    • By TomsMom 30th Jan 11, 9:12 PM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 13,045 Thanks
    TomsMom
    £62 for a card Fabulous if you can sell them for that I think but who would buy a card for that??? The lady who made the card has a blog here, it's full of beautiful things, she is a designer for several stamp companies such as LOTV and Stampavie and demonstrates at shows. She also gives away a Magnolia stamp every weekend courtesy of Simon Says Stamp.

Flourgirl, congratulations to your neice, I love the name Lola

Louby, fab news about your neice, must be such a relief that she is on a normal ward now.

Tomsmom, please name and shame if it was me, I took your card to the post office so I hope they charged me correctly

I got most of my ironing done, tidied and cleaned a bit so we are set for a new week
    Originally posted by rainmac
    No sweetie, it wasn't you.

Louby Great news about your neice.

Jowri What a bloomin' cheek about your ring. Good luck in getting it sorted.

KMS Thanks for the email, I'll have a proper look tomorrow. There should be something I can use.
    • kms26
    • By kms26 30th Jan 11, 9:18 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    Ok - yes the ones on this card are probably made from a mould like these and these
    Thanks PNOR, i will have a look
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 30th Jan 11, 9:19 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    hi everyone, thankyou to all of you that are helping me with my digital stamp sample cards, i thought i should have a go myself aswell i no it sounds bad but im more of a sketcher/painter than a cardmaker (although after this go i see how it is additive) anyway i didnt have no cards so it is done on 6x6 card stock as a mock card, i would be very greatful if you lovely ladies would have a quick peek and let me no if it looks ok, its just to put as an example on my digital stamp listing. heres a link to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairsminis/5401815981/ thankyou. xxxx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • dragonllew
    hi everyone, thankyou to all of you that are helping me with my digital stamp sample cards, i thought i should have a go myself aswell i no it sounds bad but im more of a sketcher/painter than a cardmaker (although after this go i see how it is additive) anyway i didnt have no cards so it is done on 6x6 card stock as a mock card, i would be very greatful if you lovely ladies would have a quick peek and let me no if it looks ok, its just to put as an example on my digital stamp listing. heres a link to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairsminis/5401815981/ thankyou. xxxx
    Originally posted by betterlife
    Looks great love your stamp
  • pointofnoreturn
    It looks fab - the stamp is lovely as well!!
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 30th Jan 11, 9:38 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    It looks great, i will get mine done this week for you. Hopefully having a crafty day on wednesday/
    Mummy to 2 wonderful boys

Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • dragonllew
    Alee81 sorry I can't remember your name on here the embossing folder on my card is a cuttlebug one. Found it here
    Last edited by dragonllew; 30-01-2011 at 10:31 PM.
  • cardpaperscissors
    Evening! Just typed a long message and lost it somehow. Oh bother or words to that effect. Will try again. First of all thanks for all the tooth-healing wishes. Not too bad at all today although the hole feels enormous. Thanks also for all the freebie links etc which I've bookmarked for later.

flourgirl - congrats on becoming a great aunt and great that the wedding invites going well.
    Louby - fab news about your niece, what a huge relief for you all.
    viclspence - sorry your physio didn't go too well, hope next one is better. Hope you won't have to wait too long for your new car.
    Melissa - please don't put off the dentist, that's what I did and look where that ended up.
    jowri - That's appalling about your ring - make sure you chew a few ears tomorrow. How are you finding the punch? I got one yesterday but finding it a bit awkward because of my (arthritic) hands. I'll have another go tomorrow.
    Rusty - I'll watch WL tommorrow. Hope your MIL did well.
    Rainmac - Plenty of ironing here if you've got any energy left. Hope your Mum's dental work goes OK.
    Marg - I think I'd have had to tell DH where his mop could go. Don't get doing too much light housework.
    Mary-op - Only 6 cards? That's major output as far as I'm concerned. Hope you find your papers soon. I had a tidy up and 'lost' everything. GL for the hospital appointments this week.
    TomsMom - Lovely birthday cards you received. Sorry but I cant help with either of those images you're after.

Think that's more or less what I wrote before. Off for some blog hopping now.
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 30th Jan 11, 10:39 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    It's very sweet. I am still planning the card with the stamp you were kind enough to let me have. Also thinking about the water challenge.

I've done the Black Ball Card. It's in the usual place.
  • THE-WIFE
    I think this was posted before somewhere on MSE but it might have been missed by people. Cath Kidston has some digital wallpapers for free download and they print off nicely for backing papers.
    Huge 'thank you's' PONR for the link, it's made me have a thinkie about gift cards and tags.

Off to check the rest of the posts.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• ali.b.123
    Morning all, thought I'd get on early before the school run - dont know where the weekend has gone!!! I've blogged and think I've commented on blogs but didnt get chance to come on here so missed the last few pages - sorry.

Hope all poorlies are on the mend.
    marg - hope you are doing ok
    tomsmum- ooh hope it wasnt me I just put a stamp on at home - I've got a couple of others to go so will double check them at the post office just to be sure.
    £62 for a card - Bevs cards are beautiful though but...mind just think of the stash you could buy
    Sorry if I've missed anyone - hugs to you all - will try and catch up properly later - right best go and check the boys have brushed their teeth.
  • THE-WIFE
    Thank you for all your wishs for the funeral, OH's cousin was a smashing chap who adored all his family and it's so sad that a really nice person should go before some of those nasty people that exist forever. Huge funeral with over 100 people there. It was good to see all of OH's extended family that we haven't seen for a few years and its sad that we meet under those circumstances. Oh asked that we all meet in the summer at our house, well, thats nearly thirty people inc, little ones for a barbie. Should be fun in our little house

If it brightens up a tiny tad I should be able to get some pictures taken of the recent cards made and get them on the glob 18 down (US card swap time) and several Red Hat birthdays.

Huge thanks coming your way Georgiegirl, the image of the granny on the bike will be brilliant for my Hatter chums
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 31st Jan 11, 11:44 AM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    nothing much happening here

hugs to all
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

2,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin