Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,727Posts
    • 45,338Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 240
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 30th Jan 11, 4:40 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Hi Girls, just having a coffee break away from these wedding invites, 10 down and 30 more to go, everything is cut out and the embossing done so shouldn't take too long to complete

Talking of housework, I have to say my DH is a wiz with an e-cloth, his job is "Bogs and Baths" (as he calls it) and woe betide anyone who wants a wee within a hour of him cleaning them!!! I'm sure he would make me use a bucket if he could Not good with ironing though unless you want the equivalent to Kings Cross train lines in your jeans!!

Rainmac glad the postie came. Well done on winning at the quiz

My niece had a baby yesterday, 3 weeks early by cesarean (sp) a little girl called Lola. Thats all I know cos DH answered the phone!
    need to make a baby card too now.

Has anyone seen this
    Last edited by flourgirl; 30-01-2011 at 4:42 PM.
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 30th Jan 11, 4:43 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Ta muchly - I have been to that blog before and thought I was following it, obviously not.

I can't remember who it was who made that fab card with the granny on the bike, and I can't remember if it was her who wanted to know where she got the image - but I've just found it.

http://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/nell-on-bicycle.html

Who needs to clean when there is so much enjoyment to be had webwandering
    Originally posted by Georgiegirl2012
    It was me who posted the card really love that image ,thanks ,now I can say where she came from.
  • dragonllew
    Has anyone seen this
    Originally posted by flourgirl
    Gorgeous card but so much money!!!!
  • viclspence
    Afternoon all.......Was meant to be having a crafting weekend but haven't moved a sheet of card!

Had my first lot of physio yesterday, they had to give up after 10 minutes due to pain, they managed a full half hour on my hubby but he could hardly walk afterward! Decided to bite the bullet today and go find a car for when the money comes through, well happy with what I chose and have put down a deposit. The very nice car sales man (they do exist) was happy to take the deposit and wait for the rest after I explained what happened.

Love and hugs to all that need it x x
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Has anyone seen this
    OMG!!!! Lovely but who who would spend that on a card. You could almost go away for the weekend instead!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
    • TomsMom
    • By TomsMom 30th Jan 11, 5:18 PM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 13,045 Thanks
    TomsMom
    OMG!!!! Lovely but who who would spend that on a card. You could almost go away for the weekend instead!!!
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    Just what my DH has just said!

Wanna-b-rich - Just seen your comment on my home page, no, sorry, I haven't received your card. Naughty Royal Mail, it's very rare for anything of ours to go astray.

Actually, at the risk of upsetting anyone (sorry if I do), can I just mention about cards with thicker embellies on? It's best to check at the post office that they go through the slot for either normal or large letter post. We're very lucky to have lovely posties here but I did have two cards with the dreaded yellow stickers on saying they were underpaid and there was £x.xx to pay. Luckily they were both delivered and I didn't have to pay. If I'd have had a card informing me there was post with underpayment on and to pick it up from the sorting office then as it is a 20 mile round trip to ours, with the price of petrol and at least £1.10 per item to pay then I would not have gone to get them. Sorry if I've offended anyone .
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 30th Jan 11, 5:36 PM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Hi everyone not done much today apart from surfing the web for ideas
    hugs to all
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 30th Jan 11, 5:43 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    It's one way of keeping yourself in stash. Plus I hope nobody ever complains that I over-price my cards!!!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Just what my DH has just said!

Wanna-b-rich - Just seen your comment on my home page, no, sorry, I haven't received your card. Naughty Royal Mail, it's very rare for anything of ours to go astray.

Actually, at the risk of upsetting anyone (sorry if I do), can I just mention about cards with thicker embellies on? It's best to check at the post office that they go through the slot for either normal or large letter post. We're very lucky to have lovely posties here but I did have two cards with the dreaded yellow stickers on saying they were underpaid and there was £x.xx to pay. Luckily they were both delivered and I didn't have to pay. If I'd have had a card informing me there was post with underpayment on and to pick it up from the sorting office then as it is a 20 mile round trip to ours, with the price of petrol and at least £1.10 per item to pay then I would not have gone to get them. Sorry if I've offended anyone .
    Originally posted by TomsMom
    Don't blame you, I'd be the same if it needed money paying for underpaid postage. I wouldn't bother unless I was expecting an important letter!
  • pointofnoreturn
    It's one way of keeping yourself in stash. Plus I hope nobody ever complains that I over-price my cards!!!
    Originally posted by Georgiegirl2012
    You could buy alot of stash with that amount - I'd rather a person gave me the money than spend that on a card!!!!
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 30th Jan 11, 6:15 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    my god, surely they must frame them as art rather than send? is she the designer of the stamp or famous?
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 30th Jan 11, 6:32 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    my god, surely they must frame them as art rather than send? is she the designer of the stamp or famous?
    Originally posted by betterlife
    Sarah Kay had a lot of famous images in the 70s but I don't think the card maker is famous, unless she has sole rights to the images, which after a brief browse on the www doesn't appear to be the case

http://www.lmiuk.com/Sarah_Kay.aspx

http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/Sarah_Kay_Stamps.html

Here you go folks - colour your little socks off and I expect you all to make at least £50 from each card sold
    http://coloringpages.nick-magic.com/sarahkay.html

EDIT - plus it's not just Sarah Kay images on her cards. But fairplay to her, if people are willing to pay it, she'd be daft not to take advantage of it.
    Last edited by Georgiegirl2012; 30-01-2011 at 6:35 PM.
    • Marg
    • By Marg 30th Jan 11, 6:45 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    TomsMum - re Me to You bears YES - will email you.

• Addams
    Louby - Glad your neice is doing better

PONR - Glad you had a good time at the spa. Sounds like a great bargain! Very MSE!

Mad-frog - Glad the cards were enjoyed, thanks for letting us know

Quite a few pages behind, so still catching up again! Hope everyone is well and will try and catch up later. I have managed to catch up on blogs though, some fantastic cards and makes out there. Well done everyone. Hugs to all.
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 30th Jan 11, 7:52 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    Fab news my niece is out of the DHU is on the normal childrens ward and only has one line in now for her meds She has been photographed and had a video done to be used for training so she feels quite famous.
    The only thing is she has been told she may get it again

Hopefully i will get some cards done this week as i have quite a few birthdays in the next few weeks.

I will have to put the card i made her on my you know what as she loved it and didn't notice is wasn't really straight lol
    Mummy to 2 wonderful boys

Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • dragonllew
    Fab news my niece is out of the DHU is on the normal childrens ward and only has one line in now for her meds She has been photographed and had a video done to be used for training so she feels quite famous.
    The only thing is she has been told she may get it again

Hopefully i will get some cards done this week as i have quite a few birthdays in the next few weeks.

I will have to put the card i made her on my you know what as she loved it and didn't notice is wasn't really straight lol
    Originally posted by louby-lou-lou
    Great news I'm so please to hear she is better at least if it happens again they will know exactly what to do.
    • kms26
    • By kms26 30th Jan 11, 8:12 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    Hi Girls, just having a coffee break away from these wedding invites, 10 down and 30 more to go, everything is cut out and the embossing done so shouldn't take too long to complete

Talking of housework, I have to say my DH is a wiz with an e-cloth, his job is "Bogs and Baths" (as he calls it) and woe betide anyone who wants a wee within a hour of him cleaning them!!! I'm sure he would make me use a bucket if he could Not good with ironing though unless you want the equivalent to Kings Cross train lines in your jeans!!

Rainmac glad the postie came. Well done on winning at the quiz

My niece had a baby yesterday, 3 weeks early by cesarean (sp) a little girl called Lola. Thats all I know cos DH answered the phone!
    need to make a baby card too now.

Has anyone seen this
    Does anyone know where to buy those hearts? I am useless with fimo so would need them ready to use.

TomsMom - you have email
  • pointofnoreturn
    kms - which hearts do you mean??? You can buy tiny moulds that you just push the fimo into so really easy for hearts as only one colour.
    • kms26
    • By kms26 30th Jan 11, 8:27 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 7,644 Thanks
    kms26
    kms - which hearts do you mean??? You can buy tiny moulds that you just push the fimo into so really easy for hearts as only one colour.
    The hearts on that card, i have some fimo, where do i get some moulds from?
  • melissa75
    Hi everyone, I'm quite pleased with myself today, I've nearly finished a birthday card for my Mum, just got to stick the flowers down. Its not her birthday until valentines day but she's coming up to visit tomorrow with my sister so I'm trying to get her card and presents ready so that she can take them back with her. I really must get cracking with some new baby cards - s-i-l is due in 6 weeks and she decided not to find out what she's having so I need to make one of each. I find it really hard choosing baby images and paper, I think I'm going to order the cute baby and blanket one from LOTV.

Mad-frog - sounds like you have a nice selection of the dies - I must get some more - I realised yesterday that I've lost one of my branch dies, I'm gutted 'cos I use it quite a lot. What's glitter glass????

Georgiegirl2012 - fab easel card - love the washing line!!

Cardpaperscissors - hope you're feeling better today after having your tooth out - I really must make an appointment with the dentist but I keep putting it off.

Rusty - great to hear from you, hope you have recovered from your horrible bug. I need to have a clear out too, I've got a few stamps that I don't think I'll ever use.

Mary - I hope you manage to find your paper - I hate it when that happens. Good luck to you and your OH for this week!!

Louby-Lou-Lou - that's fab news about your neice!

Flourgirl - congrats to you and your niece - Lola is a lovely name. Can't believe someone would be willing to pay so much for a card - unless they're going to use it as a picture - surely they wouldn't give the card away???? What a fab OH you have to clean the toilet - I'm sure my OH thinks that ours is self-cleaning!!!

Viclspence - that's great news that you found a car and that the salesman was so nice. Hopefully next time at physio you'll be able to cope with a bit more.

Louby-Lou-Lou - fab news!!!!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

32Posts Today

4,200Users online

Martin's Twitter