Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,678Posts
    • 45,216Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 238
  • Soma
    Savvybunny - hobbycraft can be expensive for ribbon so restrain yourself LOL. You can find ribbon in lots of unexpected places for a lot cheaper - fabric shops, local craft shops and I found loads in a cake decoration hsop.
  • wanna-b-rich
    Savvybunny - try here for ribbon you gets loads of ribbons in the £1 bundles (the discount comes off at checkout and there's a free delivery code - just check out their blog for the answer).

Talking of Crafty Ribbons I got my challenge ones today - wow what a bundle!!
    Today I weighed in at 11st 1lb aiming to be 10st or less by August........OK the damage was worse than anticipated, Slimming World officially weighed me in at 11st 9.5lb the work starts here
    18/1 - 11st 4lb 25/1 - 11st 3lb 01/02 - 11st 2 1/2lb 08/02 - 11st 2lb 15/02 - 11st
  • welshkaz
    Awwwwww scatty jan you frog card with crowns is gorgeous x glad to say im getting there slowly with this card making mallarchy 4 year old son in school has an invite a week so practising on 4 year old cards lolol
    may groc challenge £167/£280...
    • Savvybunny2009
    • By Savvybunny2009 28th Jan 11, 10:33 PM
    • 5,375 Posts
    • 16,658 Thanks
    Savvybunny2009
    Thanks for the suggestions, will keep to the clearance section in hobbycraft then it's next to the argos in our area where I have reserved 50 blank cards and envelopes for £2.99 which should be pefect fro me to practice on.

I have had a look at some of your blogs (will make my way through them over the next week ) and you are all so very talented and creative, it's lovely to see so many beautiful cards which are much nicer than the generic shop bought printed designs.

I made the mistake of looking at the Sizzix machines, think I may be in love but I know I must not run before I can walk
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents 3. Fishing stuff

The more you put into life, the more you get out
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 28th Jan 11, 10:36 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    Thanks for the suggestions, will keep to the clearance section in hobbycraft then it's next to the argos in our area where I have reserved 50 blank cards and envelopes for £2.99 which should be pefect fro me to practice on.

I have had a look at some of your blogs (will make my way through them over the next week ) and you are all so very talented and creative, it's lovely to see so many beautiful cards which are much nicer than the generic shop bought printed designs.

I made the mistake of looking at the Sizzix machines, think I may be in love but I know I must not run before I can walk
    Originally posted by Savvybunny2009

Run Savvy Run
  • craftygranny
    Hi Ladies can't remember a thing i read .

Louby fab news about your niece.

Flourgirl. ooh a wedding is always good great excuse for new outfits , hats and radley bags.

Well my daughter in law came home at lunchtime and stayed here until about 15 mins ago. Now we're all thinking she may be going back sooner than she thinks . She's been getting quite bad dragging pains at the bottom of her abdomen since t time and hospital told her if she gets them top and bottom she has to go back. So it's all wait and see. she's hoping pain vanishes and she can have a good sleep.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • Glittermum
    Morning all .

Welcome to all the newbies - you will love being a part of this thread's community but be warned - it will cost you!

Hugs to all the ladies that need them, I am in awe at how some of you cope and seem so upbeat on here (tomsmum especially!). Louby, I hope that your niece continues to improve, I can't imagine how scared your family must be.

Well, there have been some beautiful creations on here lately - Soma I have to say that your boxes are absolutely beautiful, I think they really did justice to your favourite papers. We know we all have some we don't want to cut.

I got my extra big starter kit from Stampin Up yesterday - very exciting and have gently 'cajoled' my sister and a acouple fo friends into having a workshop for me! Now need some more RUBS to make it easier to separate my stash. I don't think I could ever use only their products like a lot of other demos seem to - I couldn't live without my Sweet Pea fairies for a start!

Have a lovely day everyone.
    Last edited by Glittermum; 29-01-2011 at 8:05 AM.
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 29th Jan 11, 9:49 AM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    morning everyone, just getting ready to go to the cis semi final at Hampden looks quite cold out

Glittermum hope you have fun at your first workshop

Craftygranny hope your DIL is ok

hugs to all
  • Soma
    morning
    thank you all for your comments on my boxes

Savvy remember that just cos it's a bargain doesn't mean you should buy it. It's worth paying full price for something you really want. The temptation when I started was to buy loads of stuff at bargain price to build up my stash - I still haven't used most of it now, my tastes have changed. Sizzix is a good investment - I always get my dies at the cuttingedgecrafts site or oysterstamps site, they seem to have good deals on machines.

Glittermum, I've never tried stampin up they look good tho. Any excuse to get more RUBs is good 'un LOL. In fact Hobbycraft sometimes have discounts on them quite regularly.
    • Marg
    • By Marg 29th Jan 11, 10:39 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Good Morning!!

CT - Thank you very much for my lovely prize and pretty card that came this morning, a delightful treasury of craftybits and one of your fabulous organiser board. (DH has already instructed me to use it & make a shopping list & it's not been deployed yet!!) I will photo & blog shortly.

Padster - thank you for your lovely huggy card. LOL at your explorations behind your sofa

Craftygranny - Hope your DIL managed to stay away from the delivery suite - each night she mananges must help.

Glittermum - I know what you mean about SU their products are good but lead you to a certain 'style' IYSWIM

Flourgirl - Congratulations on your 'future MIL' status what a lovely excuse for an extravagent outfit.

Welcome - Savvybunny

Liz - hope you have a good day & your team win

Artydoll - Lovely first card for my challenge fab sparkling water!

Georgiegirl - looking forward to seeing your 8!! ball card.

Sorry I'm not managing to keep up with blog commenting, I'm doing my best but this recovery lark is tricky, trying to fit everything in, 'head down' resting the eyes they call it 'posturing', eating, entertaining visitors, & cajoling DH to tackle a chore or two (though he is a dab hand at administering the gallons of drops.) Good news is I went to see Hospital Doctor yesterday and they are pleased with the progress so far, retina is lying flat and I have a 'good bubble' so can reduce the 'head down posturing' and barring any problems I don't go again until 4/3!! Am still a bit wary of overdoing it but am feeling a tad more optimistic that 'normal' life will return one day.
  • pointofnoreturn
    I've had an email to say that this weekend Pink Gem have increased the discount on all of their polymer stamps and digi stamps to 30%!! This is until midnight on Monday. They have 10% discount off of everything else including promarkers and nesties.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • melissa75
    Paddingtondoo - crikey - a housework addiction - that sounds painful!!!!

Mad-Frog - I haven't got any of the magnolia dies but they do look fab!!! Which ones have you got? Well done on smuggling your new stash into the house without your OH seeing!!! Glad to hear that the cards cheered her up!

Artydoll - fab "water" card - love the doily! Your quilled cards are beautiful - really delicate - I think you can get quilling dies now although I think the ones that I saw were quite expensive.

Soma - gorgeous boxes! I've got those wild saffron papers and they're one of my favourites - love the sparkly vine!

Marg - glad to hear you are progressing well.
  • Soma
    Marg look after yourself hunny - hope you get better soon

Melissa I spent around a tenner each on the Wild Saffron 12 by 12 pad and the Urban Rhapsody pad about 2 years ago and thats the first time I've used them - I'm so naughty!

Anyone with a housework addiction can come round my house for a bit of 'therapy' LOL
  • ScattyJan
    Morning everyone brrrrr freezing cold , we were meant to get a sprinkling of snow but nothing yet.
    Welcome to the new ones who have joined
    thankyou Welshkaz on your comment re my frog card
    love to everyone
    xx
  • melissa75
    Soma - I spent around £30 a few years ago just on K and Co papers - I think they were only 35p a sheet or something and Ive got loads left. I went mad and bought loads of the matching embellishments too from ebay. Still got those left as well!!!
  • pointofnoreturn
    I think this was posted before somewhere on MSE but it might have been missed by people. Cath Kidston has some digital wallpapers for free download and they print off nicely for backing papers.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 29th Jan 11, 2:11 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    I think this was posted before somewhere on MSE but it might have been missed by people. Cath Kidston has some digital wallpapers for free download and they print off nicely for backing papers.
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn

Thanks - very useful
    • Mad-Frog
    • By Mad-Frog 29th Jan 11, 5:15 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 9,681 Thanks
    Mad-Frog
    Melissa I have the dragonfly, a couple of leave thingys, the doily lace and a label one, not played with them yet had to finish boring male cards.

I have just received my glitter glass and had a quick play and I love the stuff, quite expensive but worth it in my opinion. I don't think my house is going to get tided any time soon, I have too much lovely new stash to play with

Soma You made me laugh with the housework therapy comment

PONR thanks for posting the Cath Kidston link
  • wanna-b-rich
    Afternoon ladies hope you're all keeping warm! I'm bloomin' freezing, just hope I'm not coming down with something. I've spent the morning sorting out my wardrobe - 2 huge binliners full and I can finally get everything in there, have marked the calendar to do it again in 3 months and anything that's winter/spring wear that hasn't been worn is going to! My prize from Simon Says Stamp arrived this morning and I've got some gorgeous Websters Pages and Prima pads that I'm itching to use, but before I can do that I've got a DT card to do that really isn't my thing (if you check my blog on Friday you'll see what I mean!!).

Just a quick heads up for those of you who like Sweet Pea Stamps but don't own any, Lynette is giving some lucky person the chance to win a grab bag here. You can also win some here regardless of wether you own any or not.

Craftygranny - hope your DIL is OK

Marg
    - glad your able to be heads up for a bit longer

Hugs to all xx
    Today I weighed in at 11st 1lb aiming to be 10st or less by August........OK the damage was worse than anticipated, Slimming World officially weighed me in at 11st 9.5lb the work starts here
    18/1 - 11st 4lb 25/1 - 11st 3lb 01/02 - 11st 2 1/2lb 08/02 - 11st 2lb 15/02 - 11st
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 29th Jan 11, 5:51 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    Thanks for the link have already printed off some of them,gorgeous ,my daughter loves Cath Kidson.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,996Posts Today

9,706Users online

Martin's Twitter