so........ the advents

Comments

• Good luck with baby Lady :j xx
    2013 alphabet challenge A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    Win £2013 in 2013 - £525/£2013
    Aims for 2013 - win a twitter comp, win a rafflecopter comp, receive a prize through the post I didn't know about
  • mrmshaw
    mrmshaw Posts: 130 Forumite
    Not had a look yet.
    I know some have started already, but I plan to start them tomorrow one by one and bookmark the ones I like the look of.

Will be spending most of today getting well in front on the normal comps...well that's the plan anyway. :)
  • becky004
    becky004 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Doesn't appear to be as many as last year YET :eek:. Saying that I think there will be an onslaught of new ones over the coming week! Am so disorganised this year, I was determined to be up to date with the board by today. But with decorating and family ailments am doing those ending today right now and hadn't entered any for 3 or 4 days up till today, so it's going to be end dates & advents! Goodbye December!
    I love this board, have "virtually" met so many lovely people, people I am honoured to count as friends.
    March Wins - Product Of The Year Goody Bag

• becky004
    I don't save them in my bookmarks. I just go through the thread each day because I know that some advents will have a different answer each day so I just find it easier to manage it. :p

I'll be able to do the 1st and 2nd. Not sure about after that as having baby on Monday via C-Section so will be in hospital for a couple of days and then will be exhausted when I come out, but I'll try and fit in as many as possible. :p

Good luck Lady M, planned C-Section has a better recovery time to an emergency one, and even if you don't fit many comps in, you will be having an amazing prize :j
    I love this board, have "virtually" met so many lovely people, people I am honoured to count as friends.

• happy81
    happy81 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just gone through the advents that I want to enter and have subscribed to 24 and put them in an 'advent' folder. My plan is to visit these each day before I do my normal comping!

Good luck everyone and remember to try and have fun :j
    My new year's comping resolution is to spend more time entering the 'Effort competitions' properly!

Thank you everyone who posts comps and participates in the Forums :T
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    lindsey3uk wrote: »
    Good luck with baby Lady :j xx
    becky004 wrote: »
    Good luck Lady M, planned C-Section has a better recovery time to an emergency one, and even if you don't fit many comps in, you will be having an amazing prize :j

Thank you both. :D

I'm incredibly nervous but also excited! :D

I've actually decided to re-think my Advent strategy and will bookmark the ones I'm interested in. Seems like it might be an easier way! I doubt I'll get many done but baby is the best early Xmas present of all. :D
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • becky004
    Thank you both. :D

I'm incredibly nervous but also excited! :D

I've actually decided to re-think my Advent strategy and will bookmark the ones I'm interested in. Seems like it might be an easier way! I doubt I'll get many done but baby is the best early Xmas present of all. :D

Easy to say, but don't be nervous! Was a nurse when I had DD, a planned homebirth and amazing experience. Was a bleedin midwife 6 years later and ended up with an emergency C Section at 35 weeks, he was born 9.58 Friday morning, I was back home doing the bloody ironing on Sunday, though DS stayed in SCBU for 2 weeks, cos I worked there they used to let me out during the day as long as I was back in afternoon!

• nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Just got my computer back. Sligth panic now about adding them all in, but, Ive got a bookmark already sorted into many sect ions Hoping some will go live at midnight so I can get in quick ;) xx

Wishing you loadsa good luck, chrimbo wishes and the likes <3 xxxx
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 December 2012 at 12:09AM
    I always look forward to the advents. Don't do all that well on them, but it's always good fun (if not a little tiring sometimes):D
    I have 21 set aside up to now. I must say that if they aren't doing them this year, I'll miss the Stabilo one (never know how useful bright blue highlighters and squiggle pens are until I win some) and also Rizla - because I've tried for a couple of years to win a bowling bowl - best I've done was a travel mug and 12 packs of ciggy papers....and I don't even smoke :rotfl:
    Inbetween normal comps, advents and Haggis hunting :rotfl:December is going to be a bit "crackers"

Good luck to all & thanks to those who are posting them :A:j:beer:

EDIT - the Stabilo one has been added - hurrah. I'm determined to win me some pens lol.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Well, so far I've got about 45 saved in 3 folders to do each day. I'll see how that goes and maybe add to it or lose some along the way :)

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport