Buying tickets through Stub Hub/GetMeIn

Hi there, i am looking to buy tickets for the upcoming Adele concert for some friends (s) but was unable to get them directly as the demand was so high. My question is, if i am to buy them through GetMeIn for example will my friends encounter problems at the door with regards to the name on the tickets (ie someone else's name). Surely there are people buying tickets for family members/friends etc etc whereby they attend the concert but the buyer doesn't attend (and the buyers name is on the ticket). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The tickets will probably say that unless the named buyer is present (with photo ID) then admission will be refused - that seems to becoming fairly standard these days.

I am told by people who regularly attend gigs that some venues rarely enforce the condition, if at all, but that some do random spot checks - they just don't have the time to check everyone.

However - they would be entitled to refuse admission if the terms were breached, so you decide whether to take a chance or not.
  • I have just purchased Adele tickets for my daughter from viagogo and I can see someone else's name on the ticket. Now I'm concerned about this issue of not letting her in to the concert. Has anyone been to the concert and not allowed to enter because of this issue? On reading the blog I got in touch with Viagogo and they informed me that they guarantee the ticket and that she will be able to see the concert. So who is right here? Are Viagogo legal and correct or are the Venue correct and legal is stating they can refuse entry? This is very confusing! I don't want to risk her travelling and not being allowed especially as its an 18th birthday present.
    I have requested my money back from Viagogo and they stated - why? as there is nothing wrong with the ticket. Who can I get some advice / guidance on this? I cant be the only one. This is the first time I have purchased tickets like this and naively thought it was all above board.
  • Have just been caught out by GETMEIN which is the same. Our October outing could be ruined if the venue refuses entry - as I am not the original purchaser. So, I got ripped off in terms of price, fees, and then we might not even get in. I also thought this was all above board, my partner said he would like to go for his birthday and sent me the link so I didn't investigate. I won't make that mistake again.
  • Hiya, I have purchased of both Stub Hub and GetMeIn before on more than 1 occasion (more fool me for not being so prepared and getting into the queues quicker for tickemaster etc) and on all occasions I have been able to get in fine without any hiccups! Hope this helps?
  • I've not bought from these sites but have bought tickets elsewhere with others names on them, most recently this weekend and never have I ever been stopped or asked for identification. They are more concerned with bag searches and keeping folk to the area in which their tickets are for.
  • Dawn248
    Dawn248 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Biggest problem with Get Me In seems to be non receipt of tickets. My daughter paid for tickets for The 1975 in August and they have not arrived, it's now 2 days to the gig. She is absolutely gutted as she got them for her younger daughters xmas gift and it would have been her 1st concert.
    Why is it such a rip off trying to get concert tickets these days?
    It's way too complicated and dodgy. You shouldn't be paying hundreds of pounds for 2nd hand tickets and looking forward to a gig and then end up not going! I just don't understand how this is being tolerated.
    In my day.....we would have to book direct with the venue. If they sold out quickly you couldn't go but at least you knew where you stood. This is diabolical.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure