Talk Talk new call charges

2»

Comments

• BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    jhp wrote: »
    Yes but that doesnt mean that TT have to follow their call price increases does it?

No they don't have to, but nearly all these telcos seem to follow each other with the call cost rises.

However if BT put the cost of supplying a line to these companies and puts the cost up of providing extra call features such as call waiting, caller display, ACR etc, then the other Telcos need to pass on the increases or somehow subsidise it elsewhere, for example Sky Line Rental with Caller Display and if they add on other provider block would cost Sky more than they charge.

So much for competition, so much for OFCOM letting BT be able to set their own call charges, did OFCOM really think BT would drop their charges if OFCOM left them to it?
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    BexTech wrote: »
    BT still own the copper wires.

TalkTalk and other Telcos have to pay BT for using their network.

At a price set by Ofcom so its fair & regulated. Talk Talk still put in their own equipment at the exchange. BT cannot up the price for charging of these lines without prior consent from the regulator.
  • deklan99
    deklan99 Posts: 637 Forumite
    "However if BT (Openreach) put the cost of supplying a line to these companies and puts the cost up of providing extra call features such as call waiting....."

Wholesale line rental hasn't changed since 2006. Additional features such as caller display, call waiting etc. haven't changed for some years and charges are being reduced by Openreach as of May this year.
    What Talktalk charges for it's calls are nothing to do with BT.
    “I look like Spiderman at a funeral”~ Karl Pilkington
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    For prices charged by BT (Open Reach) as they have to be run as a separate company:

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/home.do
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • gilfachboy
    gilfachboy Posts: 70 Forumite
    well for £13 a month i get 24/7 free calls, free caller display and line rental with talktalk. a cracking deal if i say so.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    gilfachboy wrote: »
    well for £13 a month i get 24/7 free calls, free caller display and line rental with talktalk. a cracking deal if i say so.

Yes but thats a special offer you got as an existing customer and a very good one too.But i cant see them offering it to new customers.:D
  • madbazoo
    madbazoo Posts: 52 Forumite
    :mad: Just tried to change my Talk Talk call plan. When they annouced 'free' broadband I signed up for the £20 pm package. Because of all the problems they had with Broadband I have never used their service at all.

Encouraged by Martin I started to look at my home phone costs and when I actually use my phone. As most of my daytime calls are on my mobile the best deal looked to be Talk Talk's UK Evening & Weekend Unlimited Plan which would save me £6 per month.

However TT have refused to let me switch as I have 'a TT Braodband connection' at my local exchange and 'it cannot be changed' to phone only.
    Looks like I have no option but to go back to BT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport