Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Another Filofax fan here. There are some good pages here if you want to print your own:
    http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/p/diary-inserts.html

I bought a pack of A5 paper and still haven't got through it. I used some financial pages I printed to write down all my spends and it worked really well, I always knew exactly what I had and where it had gone. I let it lapse a bit in the summer and haven't got back to it. I am wondering if I shouldn't just go back to that rather than pay for YNAB monthly. It's harder to forecast but at least I understand everything... :o
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    I have to write things down, it helps me keep my head together lol

Interview #3 made an offer, which I have verbally accepted, just waiting on the offer letter to come through.

Excellent news
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 November 2016 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Just caught up on your diary from the start PMO2 - your mention of Hypno made me smile, thought I remembered you from the old days. Ahh, £10 challenges and tinned sprouts - I said to Mrs Tinks the other day i wonder whether Hypno still has the sprouts! :rotfl:

You've done so well - and congratulations on the job too! Brilliant to have had two to choose from in the end. I used to work for Kier so construction is a familiar world for me - I do miss it a bit but overall not too sorry to be out I think.

Bullet journals look great and I run with something broadly similar - one of the pound shop divided notebooks with sections allocated for diary stuff, planning, finances and notes works well for me. I;d love to be able to make the whole thing look beautiful like some people do but it's more practical than pretty I'm afraid! :o I'm right there with you on physically writing things down though - can't beat a notebook and some pretty coloured pens! :D

Oh - if it helps you in your debate about how much to set aside for various things - we're a two car household and put away £155 a month for car stuff - that generally covers insurance, tax, MoT, servicing and things like tyres, wipers etc. Just occasionally we need to dip into emergency fund if something unexpected crops up but not often.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just caught up on your diary from the start PMO2 - your mention of Hypno made me smile, thought I remembered you from the old days. Ahh, £10 challenges and tinned sprouts - I s Mrs Tinks the other day i wonder whether Hypno still has the sprouts! :rotfl:

Ah yes the famous sprouts :rotfl: I miss the old posters but glad to see new faces on here.

You've done so well - and congratulations on the job too! Brikliant to have had two to choose from in the end. I used to work for Kier so construction is a familiar world for me - I do miss it a bit but overall not too sorry to be out I think.

Thanks, waiting for the offer letter to arrive. Wish postie would hurry up & deliver it
    Bullet journals look great and I run with something broadly similar - one of the pound shop divided notebooks with sections allocated for diary stuff, planning, finances and notes works well for me. I;d love to be able to make the whole thing look beautiful like some people do but it's more practical than pretty I'm afraid! :o I'm right there with you on physically writing things down though - can't beat a notebook and some pretty coloured pens! :D

I prefer practical too.
    Oh - if it helps you in your debate about how much to set aside for various things - we're a two car household and put away £155 a month for car stuff - that generally covers insurance, tax, MoT, servicing and things like tyres, wipers etc. Just occasionally we need to dip into emergency fund if something unexpected crops up but not often.

That sounds a reasonable amount, we to are a two car family, one I can do once DD has stopped going to the CM, in the mean time, I'm trying to drip feed the accounts.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 November 2016 at 12:07PM
    Options
    Good morning and happy Saturday :D

Hoping my offer letter arrives today, I'm itching to get it signed and sorted.

DD goes away with the school for a week on the 21st, need to go through her packing list today and get anything missing tomorrow. Need to pack next weekend.

DS's school blazer and DH's suit needs to go to the dry cleaners today.

Other bits to get done this weekend:
    * Washing
    * Ironing
    * Food shop - DONE
    * Menu list - DONE
    * Finances

Should keep me going for a while. Off to get brekkie sorted.
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm a bit shocked that your DS's blazer needs to be dry cleaned... what was the school thinking? Thank goodness my DD's blazer can go in the washer and dryer.

Fingers crossed your offer arrives today! :j
  • So were we. Thankfully our dry cleaners do same day and if you pay up front you get a 10% discount :D DS's blazer is a new one, as he wrecked his old one and it hasn't been cleaned yet since he started in Yr8
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Postie has been, no contract has been delivered but I did get a lovely letter from HMRC saying that they're changing my tax code again as I'll have paid too little tax this year! !!!!!!!

At least it's only for 12 months and a lot can change in that time.

Just makes me more determined to get sorted.

Will help massively once DD isn't with the childminder, that'll save us nigh on £400 - £600 per month.
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    Thats unbelieveable that amount re childcare 400-600 that would nearly be a third of my wages.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thats unbelieveable that amount re childcare 400-600 that would nearly be a third of my wages.

I know, at one time both were with her. Used to cost about £800+ per month then and over £1k during the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure