We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

New! Competition end dates posting

Comments

• Sorry, another question...

Can someone who has posted a comp since this went live please check if the new format end date can be edited if it changes?

Just a thought. ;)
    Avoiding plastic, palm oil and Nestlé
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I don't like it. Preferred it how it was before TBH. It seems too spaced out and untidy.

I really wish forums wouldn't mess with stuff that people are quite happy with. It's like Facebook. You get used to something, then they change it.

Please put it back to how it was before. thank you
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,246
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    404551756.jpg

I'm sure it will be on the list of things to do, but we need to be able to edit the end date. It is currently not possible - even when you "Go Advanced".
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sorry, another question...

Can someone who has posted a comp since this went live please check if the new format end date can be edited if it changes?

Just a thought. ;)

Just off to look :-)

ETA: It not editable after posting.Once its in that is it.
    The title date can be edited in the usual way though :-)
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,608
    Forumite
    I think this is another positive change to the forum, although I do appreciate that for established posters it's another thing to have to do. But perhaps we could give it a chance and see. It might yet need a little nipping and tucking to make it just the right fit for us. As I see it, it should make it easier for newbies to post. It will save bumping for date corrections and also save established users from keep having to write the same thing over and over about changing the date format.

Often these changes take a little get used to, but in the end, I think the forum is getting betterer, and betterer to use.

Thank you MSE for constantly reviewing the site. It's probably the main reason why the whole website always feels fresh and 'user friendly' :T:T:T
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,799
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Blulu wrote: »
    I think this is another positive change to the forum, although I do appreciate that for established posters it's another thing to have to do. But perhaps we could give it a chance and see. It might yet need a little nipping and tucking to make it just the right fit for us. As I see it, it should make it easier for newbies to post. It will save bumping for date corrections and also save established users from keep having to write the same thing over and over about changing the date format.

Often these changes take a little get used to, but in the end, I think the forum is getting betterer, and betterer to use.

Thank you MSE for constantly reviewing the site. It's probably the main reason why the whole website always feels fresh and 'user friendly' :T:T:T

couldn't have put it better blu, all changes take a bit of time to get used to :T
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 8 November 2012 at 2:12PM
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hi, it means when a poster wants to submit a new comp at the bottom of the posting is now a

Format: DD-MM-YYYY

that needs to be filled in & it automatically puts the End date in the post for when the comp is submitted on the boards hth x
    fire**fly wrote: »
    think it's a great addition as will help newbies & comp posters,
    & also save lots of 'bumps' on a comp/s as when/if before we replied to the E: dates not being put in & posting CG showing them.
    Blulu wrote: »
    As I see it, it should make it easier for newbies to post. It will save bumping for date corrections and also save established users from keep having to write the same thing over and over about changing the date format.

Hi,as I posted earlier on we still have to add the end date in the usual way & its not clear if this new buttons fuctionality will drive the indexing/searching mechanism on MSE or will it be the old title date.
    The bumps may still be needed :-)
  • Lakshmi7
    Lakshmi7 Posts: 339,945
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 8 November 2012 at 5:29PM
    Hughjass wrote: »
    I realise that some of the recent changes are postive but please MSE can you stop messing about with the comps board now, enough already, its making me not want to play anymore.

I agree, and this new change is just slowing me down posting. Please could we remove this feature?

Thank you.
    It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb calories if you take it from another person's plate.
    :A :A :A
    Chocolate is the answer and I don't give a damn what
    the question is.;)
  • One-Eye
    Forumite
    Posting a new competition - it allows a date prior to today - this should not be allowed.
  • One-Eye
    Forumite
    The date needs to show in the results of a search - currently it does not.

404552058.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport