PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• Taloolah
    Taloolah Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Or maybe the companies want to increase website traffic by running the competition . So if all the details are posted on here entrants won't need to visit the site and so they wont get the increased traffic they are looking for. I often post comps with email address but put the link to the website for entrants to see all the info and T&Cs actually on the site.
    Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Birmingham Childrens Hospital caring for my tiny and very poorly grandson who was born at 29 weeks. Thanks to them he is getting a little stronger every day.:A:A:A
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

We've had some problems with companies complaining about people copying and pasting text including email addresses and answers wholesale into threads on this board.

As well as potentially breaching copyright, if you do it too often companies may be put off doing comps in the first place.

So we just wanted to remind you, if you're posting a competition, please just post the link to the competition, explaining in your own words what the prize is and let the website you've linked to do the talking.

By doing this you'll help us keep the comps board open and the poor forum team saved from potential company wrath :)

Thanks everyone

Andrea :)
    the discussion relating to this post can be read HERE :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • A friend of ours, who has had two brain operations, lost a load of money. He sent off several amounts in order to claim his "winnings". He wanted to surprise his wife by presenting her with thousands of pounds, but ended up hugely out of pocket.
    The sad part is that he is still convinced that she has stopped him from claiming his win, by stopping him from sending any more cash.
  • pkc_2
    pkc_2 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    doesn't include new scientist does it LOL
  • pkc wrote: »
    doesn't include new scientist does it LOL

haha that's what made me click on here :rotfl:
    If google doesn't know it, how should i?
  • Glad
    Hi all :)

the dailies sticky thread has been taken over by bargainhuntergal
    can you please send links to new daily comps to her by pm or add them to the thread here
    many thanks to gilla for all her hard work in the past :T
    and good luck to bhg :j
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Glad
    purplecatlover has now taken over the dailies sticky
    new thread HERE

many thanks to bhg for all her hard work :)
  • Hi Folks

It has come to our attention that some companies are attempting to sidestep our Forum Rules on vested interest posting by agreeing certain members post competitions on their behalf. Let's be clear, we absolutely will not tolerate this, and if we find out this is still happening we have the option of banning not only the company from our forum, but also the user account in question.

Please don't do it.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hi everyone

Just a reminder, please, not to try posting links that are in our filter (and show as exclamation marks when posted).

More often than not the reason they're in there is because they've been spammed on the forum and you yourselves have reported them to us in the first place.

They may also be in there because the company in question is a legitimate one that hasn't spammed but has asked that we stop people posting their competitions on here but, whatever the reason, it's because the links shouldn't be posted.

Thank you!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • fnc63
    fnc63 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    well could you share the filter list with us please ?

just so we know why we 'perhaps' shouldnt be attempting to go any futher in finding the comp via another route when we see a prize on here we want to win and yet it is all exclamationed out

if it is a company that doesnt want us posting then, thats fine and if we knew that we wouldnt try posting again

if its a company that as you say has been deemed spammy 'by us' reporting it, then more detail is necessary really, how many spam button hits does it take for a company to make it onto the exclamation list and when were they added ?, maybe if its so long ago they could be reviewed and cleared, maybe a group of 10 friends saw a comp on here to win a gold rolex in 2008 and thought ooh we dont want half a thousand other mser's mucking up our chances, i know lets all push the spam button and get it removed and then its gone forever and 4 years down the line that lil group has broke up and yet we still cant enjoy the comps that the promoter is running these days

you know the old saying - forewarned is forearmed - so pls at least just give us this information so we can decide for ourselves whether we want to pursue the comp any further

ps - there is one im really interested in - love offers - whats wrong with that eh ??

i cant believe they dont want their comps on here as they have no problem with the other dennis media ones being here and i cant believe we the user has classed it as spammy, well not for a long time, otherwise why would the love offer posts attract so many hundreds of thanks ?

2014 WTD ~ CH10OC50CW55PC10AB25BA120SB15OC30BC160BV105OC30CT20GC10GB100
    :shhh:

Apparently everything has a happy ending and if you havent arrived at the happiness, it hasnt ended yet :think:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure