10 reasons you're not rich

Hi, saw this on MMM forum

what do you think?

http://time.com/money/3944987/not-rich-yet/?xid=tcoshare

I agree with the number 5, especially around these parts sometimes!!
Total Debt in Feb 2015 - £6,052 | DEBT FREE 26/05/2017
Swagbucks £200 Valued Opinions £100
Dave Ramsey Baby Step 2 | Mr Money Mustache Addict

Comments

• Have to agree with number 5 but boy is it a hard habit to break. Its something I have worked on over the years...rather than complain and moan about what i HAVEN'T got I try and be grateful for what I DO have. If i do find myself slipping into a moan or a rant I usually try and negate it by reminding myself that I am responsible for the position i'm in whether it be good or bad.
  • rockm87
    rockm87 Posts: 847 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    oh it really is, but once you accept that you really make progress!

It's such a shame some users on this forum dont see it, they just complain and seem to want a magic solution which means they dont have to make an effort or any sacrifice, I really feel sorry for them, but it can become frustrating.

It really is only down to you.
    Total Debt in Feb 2015 - £6,052 | DEBT FREE 26/05/2017
    Swagbucks £200 Valued Opinions £100
    Dave Ramsey Baby Step 2 | Mr Money Mustache Addict
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Personal accountability is important. I also agree with the point about the age of starting. I already din into my 6 year old constantly that he should save 50% of what he recieves at least. My parents never taught me the saving habit. So yes its been an uphill struggle to get, but I have for some years already saved for the big things (wedding, flat, house, children) but I still dont think my Mum has any savings.
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • 10 reasons?
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
    kids
  • Sure being rich must be great, but it's not the most important thing when compared to the health and happiness of your family. Think about Steve Jobs; unbelievably wealthy but died of cancer in his mid 50's. All his money couldn't help him.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Can't see the one about the ex wife who BLEEDS YOU DRY 😡 !!!!

...............sorry, calmed down now 😇
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • andyfromotley
    andyfromotley Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    #11 - because you buy cars that are too expensive, depreciate enormously and have high running costs. Oh and you do all of this on credit!
    £1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
    LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
    !
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    Can't see the one about the ex wife who BLEEDS YOU DRY 😡 !!!!

...............sorry, calmed down now 😇

Or the ex husband?!
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    #11 - because you buy cars that are too expensive, depreciate enormously and have high running costs. Oh and you do all of this on credit!

Half asleep I misread this as cats and thought "How true"!
    Mine cost me a fortune in their fussy habits however they help save a bit on the heating in the winter when they cuddle up to me.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    tealady wrote: »
    Half asleep I misread this as cats and thought "How true"!
    Mine cost me a fortune in their fussy habits however they help save a bit on the heating in the winter when they cuddle up to me.

:rotfl: Tea lady. That nearly made me spit out my coffee
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport