Free kindle fire HD with Daily Mail plus

Comments

• carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well I'm not familiar with the newer kindle models ( mine is 3 years old keyboard version ) but on mine you can increase the size of the font, so reading articles on it should be no problem
  • I, too saw this offer and could find no fault with it, so took advantage of it.
    I am immensely pleased with it and find that I actually read more of the content of the paper than when I bought the hard copy. The videos are great and obviously portray far more than a picture could.

Like "wearside" I am having trouble obtaining a suitable case for this model. The 2012 model Fire HD has charging port and control buttons in a completely different place which makes their cases unsuitable. One provider wrongly advised me that my model was a HDX, so I ordered one and found it too small. My search goes on.

Doozergirl was concerned about oldies like me might have trouble reading the Kindle screen. Worry not. There is a choice of fonts and even, with the appropriate subject material, it will speak the text to you.

Hope this helps. ( No I don't have any shares in Kindle :) )
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tiffydiver wrote: »
    I, too saw this offer and could find no fault with it, so took advantage of it.
    I am immensely pleased with it and find that I actually read more of the content of the paper than when I bought the hard copy. The videos are great and obviously portray far more than a picture could.

Like "wearside" I am having trouble obtaining a suitable case for this model. The 2012 model Fire HD has charging port and control buttons in a completely different place which makes their cases unsuitable. One provider wrongly advised me that my model was a HDX, so I ordered one and found it too small. My search goes on.

Doozergirl was concerned about oldies like me might have trouble reading the Kindle screen. Worry not. There is a choice of fonts and even, with the appropriate subject material, it will speak the text to you.

Hope this helps. ( No I don't have any shares in Kindle :) )

Do you mean it reads all the text to you?
    whats the diffference between getting this kindle and getting a Galaxy Tab?
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Offer ended now!
  • Looks like to me that it's still valid, the link in the first post goes to the offer which still is accepting new orders and no expiry date is mentioned.

Wonder if you still get the reward codes that come with the paper?

Still great offer, especially if you a current reader.
  • Do you mean it reads all the text to you?
    whats the diffference between getting this kindle and getting a Galaxy Tab?

Synthesized voice iirc. A bit like a sat nav reading you the articles.

Not really much difference between Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab - both run the Android O/S, the Fire is a little customised and tailored to purchasing products from Amazon. You can still get Amazon/Kindle apps for the Galaxy Tab though.
  • How do I get to order a years subscription with the Daily Mail and get a free Kindle Fir HD.
    Thank you
    Keith Nicholls
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    FrederickW wrote: »
    How do I get to order a years subscription with the Daily Mail and get a free Kindle Fir HD.
    Thank you
    Keith Nicholls

The link in the 1st post is a bit of clue
  • dbr007
    dbr007 Posts: 12 Forumite
    My parents decided to take up this offer and received their kindle on Thursday. However my mum who's in her 70s just can't manage it. Do they have any rights to return it for a refund. My father emailed them straight away but they have not been contacted with a response and they are getting anxious!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    dbr007 wrote: »
    My parents decided to take up this offer and received their kindle on Thursday. However my mum who's in her 70s just can't manage it. Do they have any rights to return it for a refund. My father emailed them straight away but they have not been contacted with a response and they are getting anxious!

You took up a subscription
    the Kindle is a gift
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family