Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Comments

• I closed a Lloyds TSB card two years ago, but I have keep all my statements.
    I checked back through the four years before that and found that I had been charged late payment fees of £20 on 12 occasions. Ammending a template from the bank charges part of this website, I complained and asked for "all charges" to be refunded.
    I got the standard 'get lost' reply.
    Wrote again, saying I intended to go to court to recover £240 plus £62 interest, and almost immediately they replied, offering £80 plus £19.87 interest (8%) plus another 14 days interest at 5.75% (so I don't lose any interest while considering their offer!) ammounting to £100.05.

Two letters and about twenty minutes - £100!

Letterly, they were very civilised and reasonable - it's just such a pity they have to try to be intimidating bullies with the first reply.
  • well...I had a citi card account that I closed back in june of this year, I had no account numbers nothing...so I phoned them and gave them details of my name address and account closure date. I said I mislaid my statements and was wanting to query payment to a company which I was sure I used my card to pay and that this company denied receiving the payment...hey presto statements in the post ...no charge...and within 7 days. so give it a go.
  • kashie
    kashie Posts: 64 Forumite
    I have a claim on going with Citi cards which was at the stage of a directions hearing. This was then stayed by the courts when the OFT announced the investigation. I put in an N244 application to have the stay removed and this was also refused by the court.

Have you any advice at what to do now??
  • Duck
    Duck Posts: 25 Forumite
    I was wondering I am trying to claim money back from credit cards I closed last year, I have no statements or account numbers left, I have rang a couple of cards and they asked me to write to customer services for my old account number, could i just send them the first template, to re-cliam charges and leave blank my account number and just write that I was a former account holder?? Or do i need my account numbers to proceed

Also I am still not sure, not to sure if somebody knows. My friend had a few credit cards and he had large debts, he settled accounts for less than what was owed, something like £3000 outstanding and he paid them £1800, could he still reclaim unfiar charges from such accounts?

Thanks
  • Is is just charges for credit cards or can you claim back charges from store cards i.e. argos?
  • hoop wrote: »
    Is is just charges for credit cards or can you claim back charges from store cards i.e. argos?

Yes you can, the process is just the same. I am at the court stage now with Argos card services.76Bramble:)
  • saintg wrote: »
    hi can anybody tell me the correct procedure on how to reclaim my (payment protection plan) for barclaycard visa please ?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
  • If you are claiming on a closed account and don't remember the account number you need to send the bank any relevant addresses, name and current address and your date of birth and they should be able to trace your account.

As regards accounts that may have been partially settled then yes you can claim the charges but any monies refunded will be put towards any debt held by the bank and the account will be re-opened for this to happen.
  • kashie wrote: »
    I have a claim on going with Citi cards which was at the stage of a directions hearing. This was then stayed by the courts when the OFT announced the investigation. I put in an N244 application to have the stay removed and this was also refused by the court.

Have you any advice at what to do now??

You might be interest in this post....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=573185
  • I have a similar dilemma to ShelleyBell5781 with Capital One - I have been offered £112 after claiming £443, after following Martin's excellent advice. This is quite a result, but I am very tempted not to accept this offer.

Re-reading Martin's article is not going to help this decision, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has/has not taken this further with Capital One.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback