We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Virgin Red Rock Your World

bubblebobble23
bubblebobble23 Posts: 702
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 1 December 2017 at 6:59PM in Compers chat corner
SO PLEASED WE ARE ALL HERE! WELCOME NEW AND OLD TO THE VIRGIN RED APP THREAD!

Big thanks to all who post answers and tips!

Please Do Not post referral codes here.

thanks!:T

Comments

• Firat code challenge is the name the two singers ..... Michael and Boy ...... share! easy!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,865
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    A reminder:

A thread for referral points (the 6 character codes found on your App) to give you 50 bonus points for upto 10 referrals a month can be found here.

All referral codes should be placed over there and not on this thread.

Happy Hunting!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    Ambassador
    Quick summary of how to get points:

Reverse auction won't give you any points!

Change your profile picture each month for 50 points.

Share (use the square with an up arrow in it) any page on the app giving you 25 points for each share. Max of 5 times. You can share via twitter./ facebook/ whatsapp/ email, so email yourself the shared item if you are shy!

Each Quiz gives 50 points if all answers are correct.

This or that (daily) is worth 25 points (no wrong answers).

Show & Tell is worth 50 points.

Flash Fridays often appear, just a quick "enter to win" but worth entering for a variable amount of points (25 to 100) even if you don't want the prize.

This month only (September) there will be 30 challenges in the 'Rock the World' section. One a day, I suspect that harder ones will be worth more points, but we will have to wait and see.

Also keep an eye out on social media for bonus points. As late as last night a 10 point code appeared on Twitter. (It was for August so too early to count for September).

Referrals are worth 50 points with a max of 10 times a month. Note that referrral codes are entered through the 'invite friends' section within the settings section of the app and NOT through the 'enter codes' in the vaults section. You can score these points 10 times a month by the referred person entering your code. You can only receive the 50 points for entering the code of the person that referred you once. That is once ever, not once a month.

Also keep an eye out for the competitions on the lower half of the app page. Free prizes for a quick tap!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • ...didn't know about the bonus points for Shares or changing profile pic monthly.

Also, I just got the Virgin Trains West Coast email, and there's a bonus code in it - LEGEND, for 100 luvverly points.
  • The 'Share' function doesn't give me any points, if tried it about a dozen times on different days and sharing different things.
  • Code ROCK STAR worth 50 points :beer:
  • You can also get 50 points a month for changing your profile picture
  • Don't forget it costs nothing to sign up to virgin atlantic flyers club and it gives you 250 points a month
  • 12thalia
    12thalia Posts: 153
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    day one codes GEORGE, LEGEND and ROCK STAR
  • silvercar
    Ambassador
    12thalia wrote: »
    day one codes GEORGE, LEGEND and ROCK STAR

Wow! Thank you 12thalia, excellent first post and welcome to MSE!:T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback