Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi boatman,

Any declined reason you are given comes from either the merchant themselves or their cashback network. We will never make up a reason ourselves as this wouldn't be right or fair. If a merchant gives a declined reason and the member doesn't agree with it we will try our best to re-query it with the cashback network. As Sky has recently moved to a different network I am afraid this option is not available.

I am sorry this was a decision you disagree with, the merchant are the people who approve or decline transactions and we do have to pass this decision back on to the member as we only pass our members the cashback we get for a transaction taking place.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    Topcashback(TCB) have given me the run around with regard to my cashback. First saying my sky 'account was not active within 80 days', presumably they mean within 80 days of the original order, which is not true. The other option is that TCB failed to inform Sky of my claim within 80 days.
    Now they have given me another great long excuse/explanation of sky swapping affiliate providers and affiliate company A can't talk to company B etc,etc.. and finished it off with cashback is never guaranteed copout.

Has anyone else had failed cashback from sky recently, what excuse did they use?

I've just lodged a missing cashback claim for my new Sky order, will be interesting to see how this turns out.
  • jamichi1
    jamichi1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Back in July I made a very large purchase of air-tickets via Bravofly using Topcashback: although I was aware that Topcashback is notorious at handling badly claims (personal experience as well), I was tempted via the generous cashback at the time.
    To be on the safe side, I cleared the cookies, closed the browser and restarted it, logging in straight away to Topcashback and clicking on to the travel agents' website. Made the purchase, paid and traveled.
    The transaction didn't track, I filed a claim, which came back to me two days ago as "declined" as "the network has not identified ourselves as the last referral to the merchant’s site and this transaction".
    No this was clearly an invalid reason - as I followed a meticulous path to avoid this happening. So, naturally I went back to Topcashback and explained what I did and why I feel the decision is wrong.
    Guess what: Topcashback came back to me, stating "how frustrating it is" for them when transactions are declined (yes - definitely believe them) asking me to "clear the cookies next time".
    Any comments, dear Topcashback representative? Do you even bother read what people write to you?
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's Entertainment is supposed to be a Faster Payer but I still have transactions from more than 5 months ago still pending.

They used to pay out much faster.

Is there problems with this merchant because Payment Performance states "We last received a payment from this merchant during June 2015, for transactions in April 2015."
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend. I hope I can help you all with your questions and comments.

@Futuristic - I do hope we can get you the cashback you expected. I can assure you we will try our best for you and our Claims Team will let you know as soon as they hear back from the merchant.

@jamichi1 - We always do try our best when cashback is declined to get you the cashback rate you saw when you were on our site. Unfortunately there are times when we are told 'you're not eligible for the commission and the decision is final' and we have to bear the brunt of this decision and pass it back on to the members.

In order to be a fair company we will always try every avenue possible to reverse this decision but there are times we have to admit that a decision is final. These decisions are never easy I can assure you. Our Claims Team will always do what they can to help you in situations like this and will give handy hints and tips to help prevent a similar issue in the future. They may have missed some information in your response and I can only apologise for that but this would have been a genuine human error and certainly wouldn't have been intentionally written to annoy or frustrate you.

Even if you clear your cookies configurations on your browser settings, having numerous tabs open in your browser, voucher codes being used can all be other causes of another referrer being awarded the cashback. What I can assure you in situations like this is that we do not make any money for you making the purchase.

@JAG Faster Paying is a term we use for merchants that are fast at paying for confirmed transactions, rather than the time it takes for a transaction to move from pending to payable. If you would email me at the following email - mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be more than happy to take a closer look at your transaction for you.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jamichi1
    jamichi1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry but your response is generic - like the responses that you give in your website.
    If someone has cleared cookies, you re-start "fresh" and you click only on Topcashback and then on the merchant, then there is absolutely no way that competing cookies would appear.
    We are not idiots - so please do not treat us as such.
    It appears that your network didn't like paying the cashback and gave a generic reason to "validate" their negative response - and you simply started copying and pasting, considering it a job done.
    That's bad CS by all means.
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Matt,

I have twice tried to submit a support ticket about the following but it is coming back with a 'Whoops' message and quoting error code:26445939 .

Luckily I found this thread, so hope you can answer please?

It regards adding a Tesco clubcard to my payout options.

I added my Tesco clubcard to my profile on the 14th October which stated I would have to wait 72 hours before being able to make a payout claim.

On the 17th October I went back to my account and it said that account details were pending and I needed to confirm this change via the recent email, which I did.

After a few hours my Account still showed the confirmation pending message, so on the 17th October I submitted a second request for my Tesco clubcard to be added to my account as the first one does not seem to have worked, and I confirmed this request immediately via the email that followed.
    It still shows 'confirmation pending' on my account as of today.

I am trying to get the cashback onto my Tesco clubcard by the 22nd October, so time is running out.

Also as it currently stands, I am unable to withdraw ANY cashback.

I would REALLY appreciate your help on this matter, PLEASE?
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    jamichi1 wrote: »
    Sorry but your response is generic - like the responses that you give in your website.
    If someone has cleared cookies, you re-start "fresh" and you click only on Topcashback and then on the merchant, then there is absolutely no way that competing cookies would appear.
    We are not idiots - so please do not treat us as such.
    It appears that your network didn't like paying the cashback and gave a generic reason to "validate" their negative response - and you simply started copying and pasting, considering it a job done.
    That's bad CS by all means.
    This is why i stopped using TCB myself got fed up of scripted responses and always favouring the merchant.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is why i stopped using TCB myself got fed up of scripted responses and always favouring the merchant.
    Not so sure about the 'favouring the merchant', I think its more a case of 'treat the customer like an idiot and hope to pocket the money themselves'.
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a nice weekend.

@jamichi1 - I am sorry you feel that the reply I typed out for you was generic. I would like to clarify that it doesn’t matter to the cashback network who they pay the cashback to, what is important is that they follow the system correctly and award the correct refers with the correct amount of commission. Failure to do that, as with any company could cause reputational damage.
    The affiliate schemes are taken very seriously by everyone involved. While I understand some people know more about these schemes than others the basics are the same and the basics do relate back to cookies and referrers I am afraid. Whether or not you believe it is the case, if we don’t get the cashback it means somewhere in the system the link between your purchase and our site isn't clear cut and either this does relate to the cookies on your device or the transaction was deemed as not eligible for cashback.

Cashback not being awarded to us doesn't mean that cashback is not paid. In a lot of cases the cashback is paid to a different referrer this is directly caused by either issues with cookies on your device, not following the correct cashback procedures or using a voucher code not available on TopCashback. If the transaction is deemed not eligible it means no one including the cashback network will get paid for the cashback.

I am trying to help you as much as I can with your query but I am not denying it would be virtually impossible for me to contact every operating system, device manufacturer and software creator to ask if there is a chance one setting on their device or software can affect how cookies track. The cashback system does work, many of our members are happy and the majority of transactions do track. I am sorry you have had a negative experience with your cashback tracking and I am trying to help you as much as I can. I am afraid any TopCashback member of staff including myself can only give you some trouble shooting tips rather than direct advice that definitely applies to you.

@ih8stress – I am sorry that you have seen these error messages. Even though you got this error message I suspect your support ticket has still come through to us and so I would expect you to receive a reply within a couple of days.
    If you could kindly send me an email to the address mse@topcashback.co.uk I will help you as much as I can.

@legendkiller2k8 – I am sorry you felt like we didn’t try and help you. As the people who get paid the commission there is only so much we can do but we do try what we can to get people the expected cashback. The majority of transactions that take place through our site are paid as we would expect and although you may not think this is true I can assure you it is. I understand that when there are issues that you can’t put your finger on it can be frustrating and I can assure you this feeling is shared but it would be impossible for us to have enough knowledge to diagnose every tracking issue that may be down to a single change you have made to your device. Nearly all devices do work in a similar way and we know this works for members when trying to earn cashback. We are still awarding millions of pounds of cashback for our members and will continue to do so. When things don’t go to plan we help people as much as we can and I am sorry you don’t feel this was the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback