Paypal abd Barclaycard fraud

Options
Can anyone help with some advice please.

I have a Barclaycard linked to my paypal account.

I decided to close this and paid off the balance. Barclaycard then wrote to me saying I owed a small amount of interest on the closed account. I spoke to them, they said they would open the account, I should pay of the balance and they would close the account again. (This was a conversation on the phone). I paid off the balance and thought everything was OK.

This month I received a bill on this account for £6000. I immediately called Barclaycard and they told me it was a Paypal charge and I should contact them.

I spoke to Paypal and they said it was a charge for digital goods and had been purchased legitimately using my username and password.

I have now raised cases with both Barclaycard and Paypal and neither of them will back down and say I must pay the bill.

What do I do? It is now obvious that my Paypal account was accessed fraudulently.

Who can I turn to for help?

Comments

• cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Has your PayPal account been closed? if not you can look into the transaction details and do a bit of investigating yourself, it may help you going forward.

Company name, where the digital goods were delivered to etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure