Should open a return just for wrong size?

Options
Hello,

Should I always open a return if I am doing so? Bought some shoes, they are fine and what I wanted but too small.
Emailed the seller and they were vague about exhange process.
Should I just open a return and start again, as in return them and then buy the right size when the refund is through? maybe it would save on postage costs? and pitfalls that anyone has experienced? Thank you all...

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstwatch wrote: »
    Hello,

Should I always open a return if I am doing so? Bought some shoes, they are fine and what I wanted but too small.
    Emailed the seller and they were vague about exhange process.
    Should I just open a return and start again, as in return them and then buy the right size when the refund is through? maybe it would save on postage costs? and pitfalls that anyone has experienced? Thank you all...

I assume it is a business seller and the shoes are as described but just don't fit you? As a change of mind return it is probably best to use the change of mind option just let seller know you are sending them back, and make sure you cover yourself with tracking and enough insurance in case they are lost. Then assuming seller hasn't blocked you just buy a new pair. Alternatively contact seller but don't open a case, send back tracked and insured and ask for a different size instead- and pay the additional postage costs direct.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • chancesare_2
    Options
    If you open a returns on Ebay for 'doesn't fit', Ebay will give you a tracked label that you take to the post office. They will bill your Ebay account at the end of the month for the label. Labels start at £2.99 and you can see the cost and select the service you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure