People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Comments

• as a full time carer to a young daughter with M.E,i have to go for the cheapest cover.my car is essential to get my daughter into school and all her related medical appointments ( lots of ).

i purchased the policy from go-compare.they took the deposit and i set up the monthly payments for the 14th of the month.i now have a bank charge coz these jokers tried to take out a payment 2 days later and then again on the 14th.customer service refers you the website.the website chat refers you too the phone number.i intially was unable to log in,since that was resolved i have sent loads of emails and made calls to the useless customer service (trade discriptions faliure here) :mad:.i am unable to view my documents online,even tho they an online based company.no-one knows why.i have to tax my car in 2 days and cant without my documents....AVOID them like the plague.they are about as much use an Eunuch at fertility clinic......if i dont here from them today,i'm cancelling my direct debit and informing them i'm cancelling under breach of contract and inform them where i would like them to insert the cancellation fee....hopefully the paper has sharp edges.....:rotfl:
  • and the saga goes on.......

today i checked my account,they have without notice re- requested the amount that failed to go thru last time.i have no over draft facility,as such i'm now being charged £20 for that, and 2 x £25 for not having enough in my account.i contacted my bank and they have refunded my account and are going to request it from echoice.
    i phoned their (echoice) call centre,demanded to speak to the highest ranking manger.this was refused as "i am a customer manager"...yeah rite...job title only methinks....i told them they are in breach of contract and of the direct debit garuntee.

under the terms of DD they have to notify you of any changes or ad-hoc payments,but they still took the money without notice.told them it is illegal for them to withhold my documents.didnt bat an eyelid.not one apology just scripted responses,which when i said that it didnt go down to well.

they claim that the payment schedule was made clear to me,thru a drop down menu on purchase...but if it so important why is it only a drop down menu???.....that was not clear to me and not clearly stated.only found it after doing another quote on their system..it was very small font size. and different to the offer on the go-compare website (to who i express no malice)..how can a deposit follow by 10 MONTHLY payments be the same as deposit,payment 14 days later and then another payment on the agreed DD date????...it cant be....

thanks to them i have no documents to tax my car,my daughter is going to miss an important hospital appointment.....due to having no tax,i'm digusted.

the manager is going to check whats going on and phone me back....we shall see.i was told that 2 days ago.

seriously last chance,before if claiming breach of contract and walking away form them.if they think they getting the cancellation fee,they have a very long wait...about the same time it takes for primordial soup to morph into homo sapien....
  • I found this company on Confused.com and they were the cheapest by far, I therefore took out a policy.
    It took 24h before I could read the policy documents and discovered how poor the cover was, I wanted to cancel immediately but could not do so online, I was forced to use the phone at a cost of £25.
    This company in my opinion is set up to take money from you at every oportunuty and provide as little benefit as possible.
    Avoid this company it will cost you more in the long run and if you drive another car may even get you fined.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was forced to use the phone at a cost of £25.

The phone call didnt cost you £25. The fact you wanted to cancel cost you £25 as that is their cancellation charge.

The problem with comparison sites is that they list companies by price. To get further up the list companies have to lower their price. To lower their price something has to give. This may be service standards. It may be things lopped off the coverage or the moving of items into "extras" that used to be included automatically before.

You should never go by price alone and you should be on guard when picking the cheapest providers as they are probably cheap for a reason.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I decided to switch my car insurance policy to RSA eChoice today because they we’re by far the cheapest provider on gocompare, beating my renewal price by over £100. But I’m already starting to regret my decision as I ran into problems with their website even before I had managed to complete the sign up process.

Thankfully the payment transaction went through but the website failed immediately after the payment was taken when I was asked to provide my email, a password and a security question, to enable me to login to my online account. Every time I tried to submit the information I received a message "We're sorry our site appears to be having a few problems please try again". I tried repeatedly to submit the form only to keep getting the same message.

I called customer services who confirmed that the transaction had gone through and they advised me to use the forgotten password function on the website in order to get access to my online account. Initially I tried to login normally by entering the email and password I had submitted but it wasn’t recognised. So presumably they did not receive the data on my registration web form when their website hung on me midway through the sign-up process. Then as instructed I tried the forgotten password function. I entered my email address and bizarrely it asked me for the answer to my security question which it accepted and confirmed that an email had been sent with a reset password. So clearly the data on the registration web form had been submitted else how would they know the answer to my security question!?

To cut a long story short it took over an hour to receive the password reset email during which time I was left in limbo not knowing quite what an earth was going on. I have since been able to login and set my password. However I have now found a couple of details that need changing on the policy which is odd because I’m certain that I submitted the correct information on the web form. The website tells me I can’t make changes to my policy until my policy commences tomorrow, which again seems a little odd. I shall be very angry if I am charged for the changes because I’m certain I submitted the correct information.

As someone who works in web development I am not impressed with their website or the service I have received so far. Suffice to say I wish I’d just paid the extra £100 and stayed with my previous insurer who I had been with for many years with no problems whatsoever. Surely the website of an ‘online only’ company should be their number one priority yet it seems – judging by this thread - that they’ve had consistent problems with their website for a very long time.
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    See post #59 above...
    digital
  • HatesBadCustomerService
    HatesBadCustomerService Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 September 2012 at 10:06AM
    "TOTALLY SHOCKING AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!"
    Product - RSA E Choice - insurance for Motor. Last year (October 2012) i had taken out for a Corsa from this company and paid it in full in advance as at the time it appeared to offer good value for money at £140. However on closer inspection it has a £250 excess fee plus their cancellation policy and charges are extortianate and quite frankly daylight robbery.

03/07/12 I received an email from echoice regards my policy last week stating my policy was due to expire and was up for renewal IN 2 days. I also at the same time had put sorn on my old car as its due to go to the scrappies and had purchased a new car at 5.5k, inserted the new details for my new car and it would only give me cover for 3.5 k. 2k short of what the car is worth. Yes - their insurance policy is cheaper you fill find it is due to the fact they won't cover you for the value of the car. I then went online to find confirm my no claims however in chat the guy told me my insurance cover is still running.???? Bizzare - anyway said i wanted to cancel it as i no longer have the car, he said he couldn't cancel it i'd have to do it myself and cancel it online. I then did as was advised by Michael in chat and tried to cancel online the "computer says no!" Then went to online chat to Michael who also "couldn't cancel the policy said i had to do it online" ??? BAFFLED !!! I then called which is what i had originally tried to do and spoke to a sales and service person was called Ross Hanlon who also couldn't cancel this policy. He wouldn't give me his managers name, he also said he could cancel after looking into the matter further but I would be charged £50 as I had changed the policy details !!!! When in fact I'm not - my cars being scrapped !!!

I'm being forced to pay £50 to cancel the insurance to cancel a policy for a car that I now do not own the car is being scrapped. They claims that I am changing the policy details which means i have to pay £50 for the pleasure - they claim that this is all legal and above board as its stated on their website. I do not see how this is fair to consumers we are not receiving a FAIR DEAL from this company hence why I recommend avoiding at ALL COSTS ! YOU may think your gettign a good deal, but in actual fact your not as the cover is for 2k less than the car is worth and also their cancellation policy makes it the same cost as any other company.
  • I found eChoice on a couple of comparison websites and they offered the cheapest quote for me this year, £452.98, so I decided to buy. I clicked on the link on comparethemarket.com to go to the eChoice wbsite to pay, but when I got there my quote magically grew to over £900 with no explanation (even after removing extras and altering voluntary excess). I spent over an hour trying to get my originl price, with the website frequently crashing. I was going to wait and try again in the morning but having read this thread I decided it was worth paying the extra £20 per year and went with Hastings instead.

eChoice may have offered the cheapest quote but it sounds like I've had a lucky escape.
  • Morning All,

After taking out a policy with RSA eChoice 3 weeks ago, I logged on to amend the policy over the weekend as I'd transferred my old private plate to the vehicle.

Normally there is an admin charge for this of around £10, the site did not yet have a record of my new plate belonging to the vehicle so I needed to enter the details manually. This resulted in the charges climbing to £57! No other changes to the policy were made. I then tried to email them (as they promote themselves as online only), to which you receive a notice that not all emails may be replied to due to the high volume they receive! :(
    I then searched, to no avail for the online chat service - this no longer seems to be present. Finally I found a phone number, which was only manned Monday to Friday office hours....

But, I've called them on 0844 854 8855 this morning. Option 4 got me through to a VERY helpful customer service rep. They apologised for the site doing this, explained why, made the amendment for me, and at the online fee of £10 as the mistake was theirs (telephone amendments are normally £25). I have to say this was a good recovery so thumbs up to their service from me.
  • Hi All ,I am currently trying to take out car Insurance with eChoice but cant get on to the Checkout (35 mins now).
    What do you advise .
    I have e-mailed them but no reply to the problem yet.
    ( Superhighway eh!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport