Ebay Wedding Dresses

Comments

• pinkpig08 wrote: »
    I've bought bridesmaid dresses, tiara, jewellery, cake topper and all sorts from ebay for my wedding. Lovely things and a fraction of what they would cost in a shop. I've bought my dress from a shop though, I' a bit of a funny size and didn't want to risk ordering the dress and it not fitting properly :o

i've got just about everything online so far. I was impressd with my dress size though was 2 sizes smaller than I thought I was going to be (one size was due to it being US sizing though) :p
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • I am in the same boat, i have found a dress i like but way out of my price range. I did email on seller from china, asking if he would make it from the pictures, he emailed me back once, but after that never got in contact, i emailed a couple more times with questions.Does anyone know of someone that they have used or is reliable on ebay that will do this for me??? thanks
  • gron1979 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat, i have found a dress i like but way out of my price range. I did email on seller from china, asking if he would make it from the pictures, he emailed me back once, but after that never got in contact, i emailed a couple more times with questions.Does anyone know of someone that they have used or is reliable on ebay that will do this for me??? thanks

Before I ordered my dress I contacted several brides who had bought dresses from her to check what they were like.

I'm not sure if she will make from pictures but she does have designs on her site from many of the main designers. Mine is originally Mori Lee.

I have mailed her several times and I have always had a reply within 24 hours. I checked yesterday on progress and it should be dispatched early next week.......

Here's a link to her shop
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/asapbay
  • Before I ordered my dress I contacted several brides who had bought dresses from her to check what they were like.

I'm not sure if she will make from pictures but she does have designs on her site from many of the main designers. Mine is originally Mori Lee.

I have mailed her several times and I have always had a reply within 24 hours. I checked yesterday on progress and it should be dispatched early next week.......

Here's a link to her shop
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/asapbay

thanks so much it was on that site where i saw what i wanted and will definatly take your advice.had a good look at the measuring guide and will print off as we have a great local shop which does alterations and makes clothes i think i would rather pay someone to measure correctly or else i think i will end up being swamped by the dress!!!(im only small!):j
  • delightful wrote: »
    thanks so much it was on that site where i saw what i wanted and will definatly take your advice.had a good look at the measuring guide and will print off as we have a great local shop which does alterations and makes clothes i think i would rather pay someone to measure correctly or else i think i will end up being swamped by the dress!!!(im only small!):j

I'm not very tall and like the idea of them making it to fit me. Roundways I am fine but would have lost a good bit off the length.
    I have had 2 emails from her apologising for the delay this week but as my bridesmaids' dresses are going to take 16 weeks I don't think 8 weeks is unreasonable (there was a 2 week delay for chinese new year)
  • gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Hi i am the person Paddingtondoo was talking about and i got mine from the seller she has posted, it took about 3 weeks and is gorgeous! very thick, very well stitched etc and as far as im concerned as good as one i saw in a shop for over £1k! There is my thread and i think it has pics, if you would like any just let me know x
  • There is a company on ebay who import the genuine dresses for around half the price (it was 50% on the 2 I asked her to quote for me). I've searched all through my emails and I can't find her address (damn) all I can suggest you do if you haven't already, is join www.youandyourwedding.co.uk it's a site just for weddings. Ask on there about cheap dresses. All I can remember is her name is Bridget.

Another company who was highly recommended, again a lot cheaper than the shops for the original dress was
    www.valcollections.com
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I've read a few different forums that say some not very good things about valcollections... that's what makes me a little dubious about ordering online for a dress from abroad...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• sexki11en
    sexki11en Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Thanks for all the replies so far guys, this is really great.

I'm still looking around. Paddingtontoo - the seller you reccommended looks great as does Milly's Bridal who have replied to my email regarding the Mori Lee dress I have seen - they quoted £147 inc shipping which is an absolute bargain.

I'll update as I know more but work is getting in the way of my wedding planning lol!
    After 4 years of heartache, 3 rounds of IVF and 1 loss :A - we are finally expecting our miracle Ki11en - May 2014 :j

And a VERY surprise miracle in March 2017!
  • pinkpig08
    pinkpig08 Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    I've just ordered my sisters bridesmaid dress from milly bridal. Sent custom measurements and also ordered a shawl, I've paid £42 for all of it including shipping. They don't do the bridesmaids dresses on ebay so you have to go through the website, but you can pay by paypal which is good as the prices are in dollars.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport