Rent your house out as a film location... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• butlinsmum
    butlinsmum Posts: 76 Forumite
    I was once paid for my back garden being used to put lighting in by a TV production company to light a church hall next door they were filming in so doesn't even half to be your house they use!

butlinsmum x
  • WallyG_2
    WallyG_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Try checking with some of your local estate agents, I recently put my house up for sale, and the agent asked me if I would be interested in renting it out to the bbc for a local shoot.

Apparenly if they want to film in your area their researchers go and look what the local agents have available.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    we got appraoched the other day from the bbc for rogue traders £150 each day used
  • Interesting thread, we have a large former Old Georgian Vicarage located in North Devon which we have been trying to decide on how we can make some income from. The house is a grade II listed building with many original features including a fully panelled room. We are very close to the Heritage Coast with some stunning scenery. If anyone out there is interested we would be happy to give further details subject to references. email [EMAIL="jnwwebdesigns@googlemail.com"]jnwwebdesigns@googlemail.com[/EMAIL]
  • If needing a house location out in hampshire - views overlooking hills/ countryside/ park / field/ duck pond etc-

Newly built house (2008) with solar panels
  • Hi,

I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam University. We are looking for a medium / large sized family home to film in during February.

Obviously since we are students we don't have a large budget but would of course pay for bills and will contribute some rent money.

I understand some people might be apprehensive about letting a bunch of students in there home but we would appreciate it if you considered us. This is our final year piece, our dissertation if you like, so is a big deal for us and is something we are putting a lot of time and effort into. We can provide full references if asked for.

If you think you might be able to help us out in any way please get in touch.

obsession.shu@gmail.com

Thanks very much!
  • Hi,
    I have a house in central Nottingham that is available
    for stills shoots and filming.

Please see details below:

1856 Victorian detached house in private gated estate below Nottingham Castle.
    Minton tiled conservatory, york stone entrance with marble columns.
    Large parquet floored living room and kitchen 25 m2 , 3 m height.
    Two 20 m 2 bedrooms and study.
    All rooms large, high ceilinged and south facing with at least 3 windows.
    75 m2 garden / terrace and sandstone caves.
    Free parking for 5 vehicles.

The house is registered with several location agencies has been used for filiming and stills shoots.

Can email images.

thanks,

Melissa
  • The BBC knocked on my door in 2008 asking if I was interested in hiring my house for filming and I stupidly said 'no, thanks' and shut the door :o I regret it now!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 8 April 2010 at 7:37PM
    Hi,
    Why not cut out the location agents? Google blah blah

Of course you forgot to mention the fee you have to pay...
  • DemiDee
    DemiDee Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As a freelance writer I'd love to hear from individuals or couples who have/are renting their homes out to film crews in this way. If you would be happy to do a short interview about this, and would be happy to be photographed inside or outside your home, I'd love to hear from you. It goes without saying that if it leads to publication, you will be reimbursed for your time. Please PM me if you are interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure