9 flights .co.uk

Comments

• James_keet
    James_keet Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 8 September 2011 at 1:32PM
    heya,
    Man you got to be careful with these travel agencies and consultants especially when booking tickets online. though i didn't have an experience with 9 flights myself but the above comments make it look shady. Anyhow, there's one place, travelhouseuk.co.uk you guys might want to try out for your flight bookings and hopefully won't be disappointed. I've booked with them twice, once for Sydney and the second time when i was traveling to Egypt. My remarks: very reasonable airfares and exceptionally helpful staff.. and in case you're flying to Zimbabwe, try out cheapflightstozimbabwe.co.uk , they're quite reliable too... hopefully you'd find my post helpful.Cheers!
  • I have had the most disgusting service from this company that one could ever imagine. On Thursday 08/09 we booked tickets to Bangkok and we received notification that we will receive our e-tickets within 24 hours. This never happened. I spoke to someone on the 9th and I gave them our passport details. On Monday (12/09/) I became quite concerned as I have not received any e-tickets and I contacted the call centre. The person that I spoke to struggled to understand me and communicate in English, but she eventually assured me that the ticket will arrive within 5 minutes. 45 minutes later I phoned them and questioned whether the ticket will be sent and the guy on the other end advised me that that he will send the ticket within the next 10 minutes, I refused to accept this and asked to speak to a manager and he advised me that I will receive a call back within 15 minutes. a GUY called Robin them called me ( I see from previous quotes that Robin was a girl once too and I know know that these are generated names) and he advised that the ticket will be sent soon. I then told them that I am no longer interested in flying with this company and would like my money back. He then advised me that a person called Sam Buchanan will call me and i have yet to receive this phone call. They also advised me that the cancellation fee will be £175 and that the money will only be credited back to my card in 45 days. I was not happy with this. Today I called them again and the cancellation fee rose to £350 (this is an absolute joke) and they then said that they will have the money back to my card within two weeks. I asked them to confirm this via email and he assured me that the email will confirm this and -- surprise surprise, the email just confirmed that the money will be credited ( no time frame). I phoned them again and said that the email was wrong and they then pretended to send the e-mail again and as yet, no email received.This company can not be trusted.
  • I have been looking for flights from Manchester to Manila and came across 9flights.co.uk which offered a KLM flight for 2 adults for £1563, in December 2011, which was cheaper than most companies I looked at.

I phoned the call centre and spoke to Sam. As the flights were cheap I decided to book. He sent me a link which I had to complete which was about payment. I paid by credit card (extra 2% charge). The payment went through and is showing on my online bank details.

Within a few minutes I received the booking confirmation email and then 70 minutes after that, received the e-tickets. I then went onto KLM's site and put in my booking details there. My flights were booked, I am able to select seats, order meals and put all data in, such as d.o.b etc.

At the moment everything seems to be going ok...

I'll keep you all updated...
  • kalifire
    kalifire Posts: 35 Forumite
    Just to add my experience to this.. I was taken to 9flights by SkyScanner for a return from London to Melbourne. The site had by far the cheapest flights, so cheap in fact that I was worried it was a misprice. Literally every other travel site had the same flights for about £150 more, including the airline itself.

I braced myself for the seat availability check to come back with none at that price, but low and behold, it was available!

The first email arrived instantly, and although it said to wait for 24 hours, I used the 'chat online' service to speak with an operative in an attempt to speed the process up (I suspected my email would NOT have arrived within 24 hours). About twenty minutes later, an operative connected and rather than ask him when the confirmation email would be sent, I asked him to send it.

A few minutes later, the confirmation email arrived and the process appears to be complete. All in all, they don't appear to present themselves very professionally, but if you keep on top of them, especially shortly after booking, they seem to come through for you.

If I have any issues, I'll certainly come back and udpate the thread.
  • Im glad that I've found somewhere online where other people have had problems with 9flights.

Me my partner and 5 of our friends booked flights from london heathrow to kuala lumpur, looking everywhere online 9flights were the cheapest at an unbelieveable 430 return.

The problems started when they said they had to change our flight to another date, this seemed fine however, when we checked the changed flight the connecting flight left before we had even arrived on the departing flight. After ringing 9flights about this they kept saying it was the airlines fault, after various phone calls to 9flights we were told we could change back to our original flight for £75 each. We refused saying that we shouldn't have been changed anyway and that it wasn't our fault that the connections were impossible to make. After my partner spoke to various people including 'jasmin' the price was droped to £50 which we still refused to pay.

After getting very fustrated with 9flights we contacted our airline directly, Saudi Arabian airlines. They were much more helpful and could check on their system our flights with our flights reference, eveyone of our friends were sorted however me and my partner were nowhere to be found. After even more calls to 9flights the info was sent to Saudi Arabian airlines and the 'manager' that we were apparently speaking to said all the charges had been droped. Now it looks like it's finally all sorted and we are back on our original flights but I can't help feeling we all could have easily been £75 down. Im glad we didn't give in and pay the money for something that wasn't our fault.

Overall 9flights is really unprofessional and unhelpful, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. For the amount of hassle and time it has took us to sort it out, it would have been easily to go for a flight thats abit more expencive with no issues.
  • Hi,
    I have just found this site and been thrown into a state of panic regarding this Company. I have just booked 6 flight for the Euro 2012s. Birmingham- Amsterdam - Kiev. I have received my 2nd email with e-ticket with times and airlines,etc. But I am terrified that they are not genuine now that I have read these comments. Can some one please tell me if they have had a genuine experience of travel with them and that everything turned out OK.
  • vital57
    vital57 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 14 December 2011 at 3:23AM
    re: 9flights.co.uk
    Hi! I think this company just bunch of criminals. They make me to pay 500 GBP the cancellations fee for refund tickets 12 day before actual flight.
    Never ever again. I think some problems with their website. I chose one date when booking and get another date when get confirmation, so end up to pay fee for changing date. Very costly. Be aware!
  • hearts
    hearts Posts: 1,191 Forumite
    Hi,
    I have just found this site and been thrown into a state of panic regarding this Company. I have just booked 6 flight for the Euro 2012s. Birmingham- Amsterdam - Kiev. I have received my 2nd email with e-ticket with times and airlines,etc. But I am terrified that they are not genuine now that I have read these comments. Can some one please tell me if they have had a genuine experience of travel with them and that everything turned out OK.

I am actually about to book this exact same flight, that's why I came here to look.
    The cheapest I can find by a long way although mine are slightly different and are Via Paris. The flights are with Air France but I tried to book direct with them and it's much more expensive.
    The price was £170 which is easily half what I would pay elsewhere. I am in Edinburgh so would be going via Birmingham.
    Can you tell me how you have got on.
    Thanks
  • We have spent £2000 on flights with 9flights which inititally matched up with the details KLM had for us. 13 days prior to the flight I checked my booking details with KLM online and the date of the flight has changed by an entire day!!! No word from 9 flights and no new eticket as yet. Extremely shocking, worrying and KLM say 9 flights were notified about the change various times. No response from customer services as yet...
  • I booked two flights with Emirates via 9flights yesterday evening (through a link from the skyscanner website). I have not received the 2nd confirmation email from 9flights yet but I checked the booking reference from the first email on the Emirates website and our booking is showing as confirmed. I have been able to select seats and add passport details myself, so assume all is fine. Price was £100 less than any other quote I could find.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure