When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Comments

• Hi hidden, thanks for popping by my diary!

Have just been reading through your diary so far and you are doing amazingly-paying off debt is hard enough even with a supportive partner, but with all the other things you also have going on I think you should actually be really proud that you are juggling it all and reducing debt!

DTD xx
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Fantastic news on little ones appointment, glad it went well and no hospital stay.

Good luck with your OH this evening, hopefully he realises how determined you are and will be right with you.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    We'll see what happens with OH over the next week or so and see if anything has sunk in ;) I'm not getting my hopes up but maybethe fact it's on pen and paper attached to his wallet it might start to open his eyes!

Final eBay listing ended. Will need to hunt out some more stuff this week but we really don't have much? I've sold 7 things (kids trainers that where too small and some aftershave I bought OH at Xmas and he didn't like ;) )

I have £30 on the way to my bank and have £41 pending until they've left feedback. I'll post the last 2 things to go tomorrow and then stalk for them arriving and the buyers leaving feedback :o

Banks updated paid rent :) a huge relief!
  • Morning HI,

Glad the appointment went well yesterday.

Sorry OH hasn't changed and I hope your talk went ok.

The meal plan looks good for the week.

Well done on the eBay sales and positive feedback.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Thank you purple hope your well xx
  • Hiddenidenity
    Well morning again already.

This morning I'm going to call and see what my rent arrears actually stand at so I can keep track.

Call the gas and electricity company and see if the repayment can be less for a while. Thank you Jwil wouldnt have crossed my mind.

Speak to school about double paying for school dinners. Every little helps ;)

Need to post parcels and get electric. Then look at what's left (not much) :o
    Pay fine up to date.

Can't wait for the PayPal to be cleared so I can sort the council tax.
  • Hiddenidenity
    edited 16 May 2017 at 8:12AM
    Debt 16/5/17
    Council Tax [STRIKE]£2092.71[/STRIKE] £2086 (£6.71 paid :o )
    Fine 1 £1250
    Fine 2 [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] £90 (£110 paid)
    Aunt £1000
    Mum £340 + [STRIKE]£87[/STRIKE] £50 (£37 paid)
    Step Dad £1000
    Friend £1379

Total [STRIKE]£7348.71[/STRIKE] £7195 ( £153.71 paid )

Things to catch up on to make above work.

TV license [STRIKE]£24[/STRIKE] £10 (£14 Paid)
    Mum £50
    Council tax £64
    [STRIKE]Small Fine £105[/STRIKE] (£110 paid)

£124 to find to catch up. (£30 on way to bank from PayPal. £40 pending in paypal. £54 to find ;) )
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I think sometimes we stay together because it's just what I'm use to and it's easier tbh. I'm also stubborn and know my mum will be like told you so if things go wrong. I am determined to try and make everything work. But you're all right it needs to be both of us determined not just one :( and that's out of control. He doesn't have depression. Doesn't worry about anything and generally so laid back he's horizontal. He doesn't really 'care' about much and is like a 17 year old ;)

Crikey hidden, are you my sister:rotfl:

I am also very stubborn and always wanted my life to work out but alas it did not - I met a guy when I was 14 and had a baby at 15:eek: I left home to live with him and a few years later I realised I was only with him because it was easier and I so wanted to prove to my family that my life was fine.
    My parents took my teenage pregnancy well but extended family did not and tried to persuade me into abortion which I refused.

My parents have never once told me that I did wrong or that they were disappointed in me, they may have been but their words and actions don't point that way.

I guess I have done ok in life, I still did my GCSE's and got good grades, I have a good job and now my son is 20 and at Uni.

What I am trying to say is that it doesn't matter what your mother thinks of you - a mother should always be supportive even if she doesn't agree with what you have done.
    Is some of your mental health linked to the way your mother treats you?
    I can't imagine not supporting my daughter when she has suffered at the hands of others and I think you are amazing for still being in contact with her.

So pleased to read that the rent has been paid today.

I agree with jwil about the gas and electric payments - the lowest they can go is £4 per week on each. explain your situation and that you have rent and council tax arrears which must take priority and could they reduce the repayment to £4 per week until you get your rent arrears sorted?
    Which energy company are you with as some energy companies have a charitable trust which can pay off your arrears for you?
    I think you have a good reason for not paying your gas and electric in the past.

Hopefully your debt appointment next week will help with all that but if it doesn't give us a shout (I am a debt adviser in my day to day job!)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Crikey hidden, are you my sister:rotfl:

I am also very stubborn and always wanted my life to work out but alas it did not - I met a guy when I was 14 and had a baby at 15:eek: I left home to live with him and a few years later I realised I was only with him because it was easier and I so wanted to prove to my family that my life was fine.
    My parents took my teenage pregnancy well but extended family did not and tried to persuade me into abortion which I refused.

My parents have never once told me that I did wrong or that they were disappointed in me, they may have been but their words and actions don't point that way.

I guess I have done ok in life, I still did my GCSE's and got good grades, I have a good job and now my son is 20 and at Uni.

What I am trying to say is that it doesn't matter what your mother thinks of you - a mother should always be supportive even if she doesn't agree with what you have done.
    Is some of your mental health linked to the way your mother treats you?
    I can't imagine not supporting my daughter when she has suffered at the hands of others and I think you are amazing for still being in contact with her.

So pleased to read that the rent has been paid today.

I agree with jwil about the gas and electric payments - the lowest they can go is £4 per week on each. explain your situation and that you have rent and council tax arrears which must take priority and could they reduce the repayment to £4 per week until you get your rent arrears sorted?
    Which energy company are you with as some energy companies have a charitable trust which can pay off your arrears for you?
    I think you have a good reason for not paying your gas and electric in the past.

Hopefully your debt appointment next week will help with all that but if it doesn't give us a shout (I am a debt adviser in my day to day job!)

I think a lot of my MH issues come from the issues from home. I don't like me. I don't like who I am, what I am, what I look like, what I choose to do. I wish I could be anything but me because anything has to be better than what 'I' am.

I'm with edf. I'm going to call as soon as the kids are in school I've just looked at my annual statement and it's £2.10 a week on standing charge. £17 debt repayment and average usage £7.11 a week! Gas £1.90 standing charge. £17 debt and average usage £5.47 a week! Over the last 12 months.

The rent arrears are huge! I'm terrified to find out just how much they are when I call :o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning Hidden
    You're doing so well. Meal plan looks great and all home made,
    Lots of support and suggestions for you on here. EE's story is so motivating and what good advice about gas and electric, I wouldn't have known that but there's always someone here who does.
    Let's hope OH takes all this on board.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure