The £1,000 emergency fund challenge.

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Re-jiggling this around this month quite a bit, and every spare penny is flying to the emergency fund. Really intending on building it up as quickly as possible now. Laptop is on its last legs (have been saying that for months, but it is getting worse!). I need my laptop for a few different things so will need another one once that's gone. Also, work could be very up and down from November for a few months so need money behind us.

Anyway, the reason I came on was to say I have added another £44.49 which brings me to £584.42.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Good luck with the job applications Patman- stay positive!

Best wishes
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Expecting a call back on Monday from a chap I phoned Friday. Job is an outside one, but I don't mind that.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• pozza_73
    pozza_73 Posts: 195 Forumite
    Haven't posted for a while but still saving. Up to £375 currently. Hoping to get over £400 mark by the end of the month
    Saving for Christmas 2017 £120/£400 :beer:
  • Well done to everyone who has added anything to their EF lately:T. Commiserations to those who have had to dip into it for emergencies, but that's what we're building it up for so feel proud that you had enough saved to cover things without having to resort to using the plastic:beer:

Good Luck for hearing something positive about the job, patman.

The cheques for the couple of weeks casual work I did in early June have finally cleared .Why do companies still use cheques for payment? Such a slow way for us to get our hard-earned money IMO:(. Am transferring the whole £266 to my EF but not sure how long it will stay there if my MOT on Tuesday throws up anything that needs fixing:(. Fingers crossed anyway.

That's £710.90 in my EF for now which I'm chuffed about given the car disasters I've had this past year:j

Keep at it, everyone. Onward and upward:beer:
  • Pants re the job Patman & fingers crossed you're back working soon

Carboot - fingers crossed for the MOT ....

As for me .... well I've not done my payday transfer yet (£25) as I've an awful lot going out this month .....

The dog has had several vet trips (monthly allergy stuff / UTI / ear infection) - thankfully all reasonably small amounts but they've added up

I haven't taken the money from the vet account as .... I found a small lump on her the other day :( fingers crossed it's 'just' a fatty lump they often get in older age but if it does need to come out, that'll be a fair bit - so wanting the vet fund intact just in case .... I'd rather have a 'short' month and cover her other stuff from my 'own' money and have that there in case it's needed

Praying it's nothing awful .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Fingers crossed all goes well for your dog at the vet's, rising from the ashes. Our pets cost us a small fortune, don't they, but they're worth every penny:)

Sending all positive vibes your way:kisses3:
  • Hi can I please join? :)
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    £2.82 added from an eBay sale, which brings my emergency fund to £587.24.

I'd love to get it to £600 before payday!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Welcome to nows the time, who is member #119.

Not much happened today except that I had to call one of the companies I had spent a long time trying to apply for a job for on their online application system.

The system is new and has a 'slight' problem in that you cannot add referrees to the application. It works at their end, but when logged-in as a real (rather than internal) user, it has a wobbly.

Still, ended-up printing-off the application and will drop it off myself once the post has been.

Car has developed an electrical issue with the indicator switch. This means that if I turn the indicator right, it flashes twice then puts the headlights on. Funnily enough, if I turn the lights on, the indicators work properly.

Had to order whole new switch unit so got a 2nd hand one from feebay for £45. As it needs the airbag removed, will be leaving it to the garage to replace.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback