Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Compensation is payable to the passenger irrespective of who paid for the flight. You do not have to have a credit card to receive compensation, they would be paid by bank transfer or cheque
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There was a tech problem with the aircraft I was supposed to be travelling on, the flight was then cancelled and another put on for the following morning.

The morning flight was then delayed by two hours as the part had gone to the wrong airport, and we left once it was fixed.

BUT when we were on the flight the captain announced that there had been a tech problem, then they had to cancel the flight due to fog at our destination airport - it turns out that this was correct, but had we departed on time then we would have been able to land.

So they will argue that the flight was cancelled due to weather, I am guessing, whereas in reality had the aircraft been serviceable it would have been fine - and the fact was it wasn't fixed until the following morning.

Chance? Slim to none?
  • Cat246
    Cat246 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there,

Recently had a flight from Doncaster to Alicante delayed over 5 hours, I submitted an email through Resolver & Flybe have come back to me offering either €250 cash or €350 in vouchers, please could someone advise me if these are correct amounts?

The Martins table says I would be entitled to €400 as we were delayed more than 3 hours & the flight was over 1,500km.

Many thanks
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cat246 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Recently had a flight from Doncaster to Alicante delayed over 5 hours, I submitted an email through Resolver & Flybe have come back to me offering either €250 cash or €350 in vouchers, please could someone advise me if these are correct amounts?

The Martins table says I would be entitled to €400 as we were delayed more than 3 hours & the flight was over 1,500km.

Many thanks

Yes - you are absolutely right: 400 euros per person, since it's just over 1600km.
  • Cat246
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you so much for your quick response! I will send Flybe a reply stating that I am entitled to €400.

Am I entitled to ask for the €400 in cash, or can they offer vouchers to that amount & offer a lower amount say €300 in cash?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Am I entitled to ask for the €400 in cash, or can they offer vouchers to that amount & offer a lower amount say €300 in cash?

they may choose to offer you an alternative in vouchers which will likely be more than the €400 cash offer (if they said €250 cash or €350 vouchers, it may be €400 cash or €500 vouchers) You are entitled to the cash at €400...whether you want vouchers instead will be your decision
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you so much for your quick response! I will send Flybe a reply stating that I am entitled to €400.

It's all here: https://dl.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/
  • Cat246
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Vauban & Caz3121 for your advice, I am very grateful!

I have just had an email back from Flybe apologising for their error in offering me the €250 cash or €350 in vouchers, I have now been offered €400 cash or €500 in vouchers as you predicted, & have been told the money will be in bank account in 3-5 working days.

Our delayed flight was Friday 26th May, so we have had a very swift response, which I wasn't expecting!

Once again thanks to you guys for your help & of course all the information on this fantastic site!
  • Nicolajade91
    Options
    Me and 2 friends were on a flight Amsterdam to Manchester in sun. On takeoff the tyre on the plane blew. Mid flight they told us we needed to emergency land in Birmingham. After circling for a whole to burn off fuel we landed. Panic setting in. My 2 friends were crying because they are scared of flying as it is. We got to Birmingham was given a £10 voucher to spend in the airport as we have a long journey via COACH back to Manchester. We lost money on a taxi that was prebooked and very worried family menber. Thus being petrified to go on a plane again.
    We claimed with both & co this went to court and we hear a week ago that there was a court hearing on the 2.6.17 and case was dismissed. Surely this cannot be right. We got back to Manchester 8 hours later than we should have. Please give advise we don't know where to turn to now.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Me and 2 friends were on a flight Amsterdam to Manchester in sun. On takeoff the tyre on the plane blew. Mid flight they told us we needed to emergency land in Birmingham. After circling for a whole to burn off fuel we landed. Panic setting in. My 2 friends were crying because they are scared of flying as it is. We got to Birmingham was given a £10 voucher to spend in the airport as we have a long journey via COACH back to Manchester. We lost money on a taxi that was prebooked and very worried family menber. Thus being petrified to go on a plane again.
    We claimed with both & co this went to court and we hear a week ago that there was a court hearing on the 2.6.17 and case was dismissed. Surely this cannot be right. We got back to Manchester 8 hours later than we should have. Please give advise we don't know where to turn to now.

With some interpretation I assume you instructed Bott & Co. so expect you have contacted them - what was their response?

I cannot imagine Botts allowing a case to be dismissed without putting up a fight as appears to be the situation given your comments.

Bott & Co were appointed and (should have) worked on your behalf so there is little anyone on this forum can suggest without having the full picture/explanation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure