Weight getting me down

Comments

• onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Alternatively, I burned over 500 calories just doing the gardening on Saturday. Hoovering the stairs and mopping the kitchen is also pretty good exercise.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 19 April 2017 at 12:33PM
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think this disagreement about Slimming World is detracting from the OP's thread.

She has tried SW (and NHS plan) but the problem wasn't that it didn't work but that she didn't stick to it.
    To quote her:

She hasn't said she's going to try again with SW, she may try the 5:2 diet.
    She's restarted the exercise so hopefully that will help.

Any diet plan may work for some people and not for others.

Can we just support the OP in whatever she has decided to do.....

Thanks

OP also posted this - "Just knowing I am on some sort of plan makes me want to rebel. I constantly think of food and feel deprived."

This is how diets affect people. She didn't stick to it, not because she took her eye off the ball, but because dieting leads to the diet/binge/diet cycle. Most people stick to diets in the short term, but not in the long term because they're not sustainable. This is an example of people believing they have failed, when in fact, it's the diet has failed. How many people 'start over again on Monday'? And binge eat on a Sunday in a 'last supper' fashion?

In addition to this, as Pop Up Pirate says, SW is all about low fat and fat free, which is not healthy.

But yes, I agree we should support OP in whatever she decides.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,541
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    But yes, I agree we should support OP in whatever she decides.
    And as she's not planning on doing the SW diet, let this be the end of pulling it down/defending it.

It's simply not relevant to this thread.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,861
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Running is dull dull dull. Repetitive, no brain work involved and actually not all that good for the body long term.

I could say that martial arts is painful, repetitive and causes brain damage and it would be equally wrong. (I do both.) Each to their own.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I did some shooting today. Lying down.

I feel much better.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Malthusian wrote: »
    I could say that martial arts is painful, repetitive and causes brain damage and it would be equally wrong. (I do both.) Each to their own.

If that's what you believed I would just expect that you would choose a form of exercise you do enjoy and that you don't feel to be too risky for your own comfort. I personally don't enjoy skiing or horse riding, but I still put them on the list as lots of people love them, even though there's a risk of broken bones and head injury.

Why do runners get bent out of shape when somebody dares to suggest that running might not be the perfect, most blissful form of physical activity for everyone? :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    A few of you have mentioned the 5 / 2 diet so might give that a go. Messedup 10 stone that's amazing! Shows it can be done!
    I'm thinking of going to the gp also because I've started noticing a lot of facial hair. Can't deny that's getting me down as much as the weight! I wonder if the 2 things are connected and although I know my diet isn't great I do want to rule out any medical issues.
    I'm also making a point to drink more water as that's really helped in the past. Thanks again everyone for the support.
    Alas hazyjo is right, don;t be well doneing me, i haven;t lost the 10st i still have it to lose :o:p :rotfl:

So i have a very long way to go. Get back to me in a few years and hopefully you can congratulate me then :)

Facial hair and weight gain (or difficulty losing) can be a sign of PCOS so maybe worth mentioning to your GP :)
  • castleton
    castleton Posts: 320
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can I ask "why is Spray fry bad for you?"

Thank you
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    castleton wrote: »

Thank you

Have you ever smelled it ?! It reeks of chemicals when you use it. Better to use small amounts of non processed fats although i doubt they'd sell it if it was dangerous. Lets face it you're not going to use large amounts of it are you ?
  • castleton wrote: »

Thank you
    They are made with manufactured cooking oils, all of which are bad for us, and then they add a few more artificial ingredients to make it even more unhealthy.

Cooking oils are made using hexane, which is a carcinogenic. They are not a natural product.
    Cooking oils are then used to make margarines, spreadable butters, sprays etc.

Healthy Fat is NOT bad for us. It is the preferred fuel for the body and brain. Being low fat is denying the body the correct fuel and will harm in the long run.

Only eat healthy fats such as coconut oil, olive oil, butter, lard, tallow etc.
    Eating fat reduces cravings and keeps you full longer. It also helps nutrients to be absorbed properly and cells to function correctly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure