Weight getting me down

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    prosaver wrote: »
    well they say that dairy product have high calcium and this makes you not absorb the fat in dairy. goes out the other end,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/truthaboutfood/slim/calcium.shtml

so the calories in diary must be wrong as it was only discovered lately.

Not really. The calories are still there.

There are a hell of a lot of calories in a gallon of petrol. You won't get fat by drinking too much (or any) of it though.
  • MU, I'm another one who put weight ON when I tried SW! Ha ha!

I am gonna stick my neck on the line here and say I also abhor any form of "diet club". I have one friend who's done SW for 6 months and is thoroughly depressed because she's lost less than half a stone, and one who has lost 3st on SW and is at target, but every time she goes on holiday she binges then cries at her first session back, and practically starves herself until that weight's back off.

What kind of mentalities are those? I'm a size 16ish, and 15st (yea, pretty heavy, I know) but I like real food, I like to run and weightlift, and I'm OK with that.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    MU, I'm another one who put weight ON when I tried SW! Ha ha!

I am gonna stick my neck on the line here and say I also abhor any form of "diet club". I have one friend who's done SW for 6 months and is thoroughly depressed because she's lost less than half a stone, and one who has lost 3st on SW and is at target, but every time she goes on holiday she binges then cries at her first session back, and practically starves herself until that weight's back off.

What kind of mentalities are those? I'm a size 16ish, and 15st (yea, pretty heavy, I know) but I like real food, I like to run and weightlift, and I'm OK with that.

HBS x

Exactly this! I know there are people this won't apply to (most of them seem to be on this thread:D), but this is the normality of slimming clubs, with the MAJORITY of the members feeling this way. It's about time they were recognised for being the danger that they are.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,201
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    the creeping death of confessions about Jaffa cakes and wine as you go round the room.... *shudder*

I wouldn't mind if they were educational instead of some kind of group therapy administered by someone unqualified.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Anoneemoose
    Forumite
    the creeping death of confessions about Jaffa cakes and wine as you go round the room.... *shudder*

I wouldn't mind if they were educational instead of some kind of group therapy administered by someone unqualified.

And don't forget the talk of bowel habits!! :rotfl:

I was a consultant for SW, as I have mentioned, and I had NO nutritional training whatsoever. The training I had was learning about the plan, how to get bums on seats, and how to set the room up.

I just wish I hadn't wasted 2 decades and an ED believing it was healthy!
  • Flick216
    Flick216 Posts: 8,955
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    https://www.facebook.com/WeAreRebelfit/

I am following this FB page at the moment - it's pretty brilliant!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • Anoneemoose
    Forumite
    Flick216 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/WeAreRebelfit/

I am following this FB page at the moment - it's pretty brilliant!

I have been following Rebelfit for years and he is amazing! Gets loads of stick but speaks the truth.
  • Flick216
    Flick216 Posts: 8,955
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have been following Rebelfit for years and he is amazing! Gets loads of stick but speaks the truth.

It's like a revelation! I signed up for the Bronze thing!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • Anoneemoose
    Forumite
    Flick216 wrote: »
    It's like a revelation! I signed up for the Bronze thing!

Ooh, fab. The only reason I didn't was because it is pretty much what I am dealing with as part of the ED. The principles are much the same though. I have done a couple of missions previously, but they didn't 'work' for me - only due to my illnesses, not the missions themselves.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    A few of you have mentioned the 5 / 2 diet so might give that a go. Messedup 10 stone that's amazing! Shows it can be done!
    I'm thinking of going to the gp also because I've started noticing a lot of facial hair. Can't deny that's getting me down as much as the weight! I wonder if the 2 things are connected and although I know my diet isn't great I do want to rule out any medical issues.
    I'm also making a point to drink more water as that's really helped in the past. Thanks again everyone for the support.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure