WFHRA assessment

2»

Comments

• krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    Yep !
    That's why "medical professionals" can afford nice houses, cars and holidays ...
    Don't forget that some of these "medical professionals" have been trained at our expense (the UK ones) and may be earning astonishing money through their practice - this DWP pay is just extra "pocket money" to them...

And you have a problem with people being educated and training for many years being paid decent money? I do not begrudge one single penny of my taxes that pays for their education,although I do begrudge the cost of University education for some of the more unlikely to lead to work degrees.

You sound as if there is a touch of the green eyed monster lurking.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Found it - http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/news-archive/170-dwp-doctors-earn-how-much - and I was wrong - try £104 per (DLA) medical + travelling expenses at 40p per mile -
    But what about incapacity for work personal capability assessments?
    These are carried out at Medical Examination Centres. According to Nestor, doctors have the potential to earn more than £300 a day carrying out examination centre work. They also explain that on average doctors examine 4 to 5 clients within a 3.5 hour period of work in the centres. So a reasonable estimate is that a doctor doing two sessions a day would see up to 10 clients in order to earn that £300.
    So that’s around £30 a time for incapacity medicals. But the faster the doctor can zip through them – the fewer questions they ask and the less typing they do – the more money they can earn.
    For me (living in the sticks) - I was the only "client" there and the "medical professional" was still 25 minutes late and I was hurried through in 20 minutes - it all starts to become clear to me now .....

You cannot rely on hearsay as to how much a medical professional gets paid.
    gutbrod10 wrote: »
    atos only pay the client, patient 25p per mile to travell to a medical and there doctors medical staff get 40p then !

The 40p rate is for tax reasons, and takes into account depreciation and maintenance as a result of using the vehicle for business use. The 25p rate does not take into account depreciation etc, as the car is not used primarily for the purposes of getting to the assessment centre.
    Yep !
    That's why "medical professionals" can afford nice houses, cars and holidays ...
    Don't forget that some of these "medical professionals" have been trained at our expense (the UK ones) and may be earning astonishing money through their practice - this DWP pay is just extra "pocket money" to them...

You really are not helping yourself with this attitude.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • According to the Employment and Support Allowance Regulations you are only supposed to have one work focused health related assessment throughout the duration of a claim. You can however have frequent Limited Capability for work and limited capability for work related activity assessments. The work focused health related assessment is a joke. It is all about producing a report for a jobcentre personal adviser to discuss your next steps to work. I had my WFHRA in Nov 2009 and I keep on getting my pathways to work interview deferred. It is now March 2010 and we still have not discussed the report.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dmg24 wrote: »
    You cannot rely on hearsay as to how much a medical professional gets paid.

This is not "heresay" - it is fact - a GP EARNS around £63,000 + whatever they screw from DWP - http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-salary/Gp_1231

The 40p rate is for tax reasons, and takes into account depreciation and maintenance as a result of using the vehicle for business use. The 25p rate does not take into account depreciation etc, as the car is not used primarily for the purposes of getting to the assessment centre.

So they can claim tax rebates back as well - ???

You really are not helping yourself with this attitude.

Attitudes are not the question - I may have "this attitude" - but it has been caused by DWP/ATOS
  • ShockingPink
    ShockingPink Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    So they can claim tax rebates back as well - ???

40p a mile is what HMRC allow for business mileage (not travel from home to work, but travel between sites on your own or your employer's business). Even poorly-paid part-time workers like me are entitled to it. As already stated, it takes into account depreciation, wear-and-tear and the extra costs of business insurance. My car would last much longer if I didn't use it mainly for work:o
    C'est le ton qui fait la chanson
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    This is minor compared to the actual pay that they receive
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts