Fredrickson International

Comments

• More help required (im sure fredrickson are subscrided and watching this link) - Recieved a letter saying:
    We thanyou for your recent communication and note the contents.
    We are concerned that you are unhappy about the way this account has been handled and are sorry that you are dissatisfied with our servide.
    We confirm this debt is due to our client Craphone Wrehouse and the outstanding balance relates to a mobile phone contract taken out in 2007 at our clients .____ Branch.
    If you have valid dispute in relation to the above account we would be grateful if you could provide details yo us. Alterbatively our client is willing to accept reasonable instalment oayments and with this in mind we enclose a finacial statement form for you.
    We enclosed a copy of our complaints procedure and if you would like to make a formal complaint please follow the procedures set out therein by writing to us with full details of your complaint together with any evidence in support.

Help me - basicly I will send all there letters and my responses as obviously that will outline how i feel they have broken the rules in Debt collection - but also they still are not supplying me with proof of this debt just sidestepping - what should i do /say - desperate for help i feel so stressed
  • do they have to supply proof - it just doesnt seem like they do anymore.
  • also i feel like they are trying to trick me into saying the debt is mine
  • Hi I wanted to update you- for those who ever find themselves in a similar situation - I wrote another letter of complaint explaining I didnt aknowledge the debt and that I felt they were putting stress on me so I would admit liability even thou i didnt owe this debt - they wrote back a few weeks later saying the account has been handed back - im sure this isnt the last time i will hear of this debt there are hundreds of DCA's out there. But just to let you all know. Thanks everyone who took time to reaed a respond the advice and support was so valuable.:j
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 26 October 2011 at 10:50AM
    Hi I wanted to update you- for those who ever find themselves in a similar situation - I wrote another letter of complaint explaining I didnt aknowledge the debt and that I felt they were putting stress on me so I would admit liability even thou i didnt owe this debt - they wrote back a few weeks later saying the account has been handed back - im sure this isnt the last time i will hear of this debt there are hundreds of DCA's out there. But just to let you all know. Thanks everyone who took time to reaed a respond the advice and support was so valuable.:j

Good. :)

I missed the last few posts on here, so glad you got it sorted.

If you have time, please report them to the OFT anyway.

They should not have disregarded your valid dispute for so long and failed to provide evidence of the debt.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Your right actually and I will, I was relieved my problem was over but actually lots of posts in forums of fredrickson doing this to so many people - You forget to complain once your trouble is over.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    That's the thing. They should have stopped and investigated properly after the first letter.

The fact that it took 3 or 4 is completely unacceptable.

If people let them get away with that without a complaint, then they are going to continue doing that to others.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Oh_Dear
    Oh_Dear Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2011 at 4:16PM
    Minicredit are the most awkward lender I ever came across. Like you my £100 loan turned into over £500. I complained to the financial ombudsman, told minicredit that I had, explaining they were in breach of thier licence by not sending me notice of adding charges on, and despite numerous requests failing to send a statement. They accepted a settlement of £320, like you I was just pleased to have them off my back.

I cant really comment on your predicament but seems you have had some good advice, I'm new to MSE just seen the name Minicredit and thought I'd tell you my tale. I am a driver in London and quite often pass the adress of the Minicredit 'office' that looks as professional as thier customer service and customer liason.

I know that if the financial ombudsman receive a sufficient number of complaints about a company that isn't adhering to the conditions of their licence, then they will pass on the information to the OFT for investigation.

Good look with it. Geordie.
  • My son has a debt which Frederickson International purchased and because of being constantly harassed by them he made a debit card payment and ever since they have been taking money from his card at their leisure without his consent. He has argued that he only gave permisssion for a one off payment earlier this year but they say he consented to them taking payments as and when and that if he would like a copy of the telephone conversation he has to pay them £10. I would like to know is all this legal and would it be best to cancel his debit card?
  • pauletruth
    pauletruth Posts: 1,133 Forumite
    cancel the card. and get a new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills