Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Hardly that late then as there's well over a month still to go before your new provider would have taken over. I'm down to a fortnight and so far still "only" been offered 50% off. I don't know why Sky don't just track which customers seek a discount annually and make them a decent offer each year instead of all this annual brinkmanship.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Don't forget that most ISPs only allow you to cancel penalty free within 14 days of your order being accepted, rather than from your actual connection date.
  • Mister_G wrote: »
    Don't forget that most ISPs only allow you to cancel penalty free within 14 days of your order being accepted, rather than from your actual connection date.

A very important point that should be stickied.
  • Talking to my s-i-l yesterday,he has got a really good retention deal from Sky, about 3 days before cut off date for TV.
    Free Sky 2 TB Q Box with installation, 1 Sky mini, full TV package, unlimited fibre and phone line rental for £60 pm which is less than he was paying for "standard" HD package,fibre and rental last year.:T:T
  • Topper1900 wrote: »
    Hardly that late then as there's well over a month still to go before your new provider would have taken over. I'm down to a fortnight and so far still "only" been offered 50% off. I don't know why Sky don't just track which customers seek a discount annually and make them a decent offer each year instead of all this annual brinkmanship.

It is when my tv contract ended today.:)
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    i was not offered anything and it was bye then ...cut off about 3 weeks now . i e mailed the 10 days ago about coming back ..but no reply .. as i am quiet deaf i can't phone . i like to e-mail .. there accessibility team where hardly any help :( ... we do have a sky stand in our shopping centre and will prob go there to ask them to phone for me ....weird no leaflet in post asking back either
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • Black paw, just put come back to sky in your browser and then you will see numerous results click on the sky one that says left in the last 12 months. You should be able to do it via chat.

I did this last year and got 75% plus £100 credit. Will be trying again end of Nov.
    Mastanlem
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Rang sky the other day to cancel as the 12 month deal I got last September is just up, I had 60% off the full package and half price multi room (down from around £90 to £45).
    It was much easier this time, last time it went right to the wire and they rang me a few days before the 30 day notice of cancellation period, to offer the deal.
    This time I said "I want to cancel its too expensive, last time I rang the guy initially offered me 30% off and it wasn't enough, so I cancelled and then they rang offered me 60% off and I took it". So he said well that's great to know and gives me something to work with, I can give you 50% off for 12 months, so I took it. I removed multi room as I don't use it (and I get free sky go extra now anyway on the sky VIP thing) so its now down to £33 a month for the full package from the £92 they wanted!
    £100 - £10,000
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anybody ever got a reply back from the above email address or had the CEO's office reply or ring you about your complaint.
    Reason is i sent an email to the 7 days ago and have not had a reply or any Sky person call me.
    I have 8 days to go on my current min term and after the overcharging for the last 2 months i will put in my cancel request.

I had a missed call from Sky on Sunday and they got hold of me today.
    The woman from exec team asked why i had complained as she was convinced that Sky had given me a good deal.
    The last 2 months of my 60% discount was not applied as Sky changed sports to Sports complete which mucked up the discount.
    I was meant to have £48 pm tv discount for the last 2 months but they charged full whack for September and more than i was paying before for Octobers bill.
    She stopped the discount for Sept/Oct bill and refunded me £96 and could not understand why the complaints team had not done that.
    She said the offer they applied for the last 2 months of my min term for sport/cinema was £96 saving over 6 months which would cover me for the overcharging but i would pay £32 for variety as Sky could not discount that as an offer was already on the account.
    I was paying £27.20 pm but with new offer £32 for variety and £20 for sport/cinema (after discount) making £52.20 pm which the rep thought was better than what i was paying before.
    She then said would i like to hand in my cancel request as i mentioned in the email i was thinking of leaving due to being messed about but i will do that at the end of this week as it will be 32 days to the end of my min term.
    Sky must be cutting down of dishing out deals as a gesture of good will and big discounts judging by the retention deals and come back offers i have seen on here and d/spy.
    I got my £96 back which i was overcharged so i am ok with that.
  • johnwb89
    johnwb89 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 September 2017 at 5:50PM
    Managed to get Sky+ with HD Sports & Box sets for £32.20 a month & £25 credit (60% discount - currently on 67% but it seems those days are long gone!)

Is this a good deal? Need to add internet on too though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback