could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent?

Options

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    actually the MD at shorade threatened to get the police onto me for leaving a review on shorades facebook page. Everytine I edited the review he thought i was writing a separate review and accused me of harassment. Hes not the brightest spark in the box either

Perhaps you did what you do here and opened up 9 threads?
  • tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    You appear to think that you have definitely been defrauded.

In which case take it to the police..

trading standards will deal with a company that has acted fraudulently - in order for a customer to get recompense

I would have taken it to trading standards if mr shore had not backed down as soon as he saw the photographs of the bodge his employees had carried out on my car

the problem is that if you take it through trading standards or the county court and win the case and the company rectifies or pays for the problem to be rectufued - where is the disincentive for them to do it again?

so shorade had the option of doing the job correctly ie fitting a new bumper or bodging it. They saved a lot of money by bodging it knowing if they got found out they would just have to pay to have it repaired - so would be no worse off

"I do t think you'll get very far but you can sue them for damages in a civil action, could be pricey but worth the risk from your perspective I'd suggest.[/QUOTE]

shorade paid for the car to be repaired elsewhere
  • tir21
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Perhaps you did what you do here and opened up 9 threads?

no there is definitely only one review of mine on shorades facebook page
  • Mercdriver
    edited 9 September 2017 at 10:40PM
    Options
    actually the MD at shorade threatened to get the police onto me for leaving a review on shorades facebook page. Everytine I edited the review he thought i was writing a separate review and accused me of harassment. Hes not the brightest spark in the box either

Hello Richard, or is it Deck for short?

You are very obviously identified on their facebook site. Now who's not got all their tools in their shed?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ShoradeUK/reviews/

5th review down.

I hope you have evidence of fraud as there is now a pingback to this thread, and you will be jointly liable with the owners of this site for libel.
  • tir21
    Options
    What financial loss have you suffered?

I've explained this to you before but I'll explain it again because I like you

this is from the fraud act:

"his/her intention must be to make a gain; or cause a loss or the risk of a loss to another"

please note the word 'or' in the above statement

you might not like what the above statement implies but surely you can understand it
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    I've explained this to you before but I'll explain it again because I like you

this is from the fraud act:

"his/her intention must be to make a gain; or cause a loss or the risk of a loss to another"

please note the word 'or' in the above statement

you might not like what the above statement implies but surely you can understand it

They haven't made a gain. You haven't made a loss. Ergo, no fraud. You know it too, or else you would not be talking about it here as your lawyer would have told you not to talk about it in the real world, especially as you are clearly identifiable.
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    Besides, your question in this thread is purely incidental as you already described it as fraudulent in your review on Facebook.

You could, but it's a different question whether you should. It's ill advised to make the accusation as any potential litigation from the company requires less body of proof than your accusation. You require proof beyond reasonable doubt, and he requires proof on the balance of probabilities.

Why? Because Fraud is a criminal offence and libel is a civil matter.

That makes your actions somewhat ill-judged (to be charitable)
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    trading standards will deal with a company that has acted fraudulently - in order for a customer to get recompense

I would have taken it to trading standards if mr shore had not backed down as soon as he saw the photographs of the bodge his employees had carried out on my car

the problem is that if you take it through trading standards or the county court and win the case and the company rectifies or pays for the problem to be rectufued - where is the disincentive for them to do it again?

so shorade had the option of doing the job correctly ie fitting a new bumper or bodging it. They saved a lot of money by bodging it knowing if they got found out they would just have to pay to have it repaired - so would be no worse off

"I do t think you'll get very far but you can sue them for damages in a civil action, could be pricey but worth the risk from your perspective I'd suggest.

shorade paid for the car to be repaired elsewhere[/QUOTE]

No, you appear to be backing down.

You have stated the company has acted fraudulently, either make a criminal complaint or sue them, otherwise just be quiet.

The fact you got trading standards involved and resolved the situation appears to suggest that the comoany isn't fraudulent.

The fact the comoany paid for the car to be repaired elsewhere suggests they are not fraudulent.

Do I need to go on?
  • Mercdriver
    edited 9 September 2017 at 11:04PM
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Do I need to go on?

I think this will roll on and on. I'm not sure the mods realise that the website owners can be potentially held responsible for libel here as they are publishing it on their website.

Richard, I mean Tir21 has made it rather easy for himself to be traced. The fact that Richard, I mean Tir21 has opened up so many threads on this despite requests from posters and completely ignored this reinforces the company's view that Richard is harrasing them, as he is not innocently starting multiple threads he is doing it to get more complaints visible on google etc. This may make litigation more likely.

Mods - if you are bothering to actually read what is happening here, the OP is cynically using the forum to tar the reputation of a company, something which this website can be sued for. If you fail to act on it then action may be taken against this website also for allowing allegedly libellous statements to be published. If a more watchful eye had been kept, you as mods could have merged his threads.
  • tir21
    Options
    Hello Richard, or is it Deck for short?

You are very obviously identified on their facebook site. Now who's not got all their tools in their shed?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ShoradeUK/reviews/

5th review down.

I hope you have evidence of fraud as there is now a pingback to this thread, and you will be jointly liable with the owners of this site for libel.

See post 24 - your 54 posts behind. Do try to keep up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure