PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• gary_909
    gary_909 Posts: 18 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Gary that is fab!:T:j great news, Congratulations!:beer:
    And your very welcome, only glad to help.:A
    A lady called Amy rang me yesterday to say they are still working on my case as it is a complex one as I had had various top up loans but it has definatley been upheld they are just trying to work out the figures so she siad she will keep me informed and let me know .Once again thanks Di for that email address or I would still be waiting:T I will post a thread when I get my figures and good luck to everyone out there keep the claims rolling in:beer:
  • thegaffer
    thegaffer Posts: 65 Forumite
    LisaJH2000 wrote: »
    Well yesterday the lovely Amersall gave me the email address of the CEO of MBNA

[EMAIL="ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com"]ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com[/EMAIL]

A quick email to him explaining that I had received a letter with no contact details on so I had no option but to contact him. Included my ref number, name and address along with a note to say I had not received my cheque within 28 days as they advised.

30 mins later I got an email back saying they had authorised the cheque and would be sending it out. I should have it Friday or Saturday.

Try it! :T
    Amazing, emailed the address given , a reply back within 20 mins saying so sorry for the delay etc and that my chq would be sent today. The CEO of MBNA is good !
  • Not sure how to work out my husbands credit card refund. Can anyone help? He has had the card since 2008 Lifestyle protect fluctuates between £20.98 an £25.65 Interest £55. 90. Much appreciated. Dumb blonde you see Lol xxxxxx
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Not sure how to work out my husbands credit card refund. Can anyone help? He has had the card since 2008 Lifestyle protect fluctuates between £20.98 an £25.65 Interest £55. 90. Much appreciated. Dumb blonde you see Lol xxxxxx

you dont have to be blonde to be dumb! pmsl ;)

Amersall is your best bet here along with a few other whizz kidz, about mid day they are around :D
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • Hello,

I have put in a reclaim claim to Llloyds and have been told that it'll take 16 weeks. Does this fit with what everyone else has had to deal with?

The claim is for 2 personal loans only totalling about £2500, so not sure how much I will recieve either.

Cheers

Matt
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, I'm a newbie here just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes it is a very informative place !

First of all, a massive well done to all of those who have been successful in their claims - I can't help feeling a little bit envious :-)

I have got 3 claims on the go currently, status as follows :-

Citifinancial - a complete bunch of shysters. Claim's been in since October 2010 and still no final response from them. They ignore emails, don't reply to letters and when you phone they put you on hold for ages then mysteriously you get cut off. Think I'm going to have to go via the FOS route on this one as they simply won't communicate with me. Claim is worth £14k.

HSBC - claim went in October 2010. Although they have sent letters they have been generic ones asking for more time etc, although their last one did say they'd have the matter dealt with by the end of August (but I'll believe it when I see it !). Claim is worth £4k.

MBNA - only submitted claim to them in March 2011, but they seem to be completely disorganised. It just depends on who you talk to on any given day. At least they appear to be settling claims though so that's hopeful. Claim is worth £7k.

Fingers crossed, and keep up the good work everyone !
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • sammikins
    sammikins Posts: 83 Forumite
    stoutman5 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
    One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
    'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you £5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!:T

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.:beer:

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan

Hi. I think i will try this tactic. Can I ask what you put in your emails, and what address you used. Sorry if its too personal!!
    Big thanks and well done you!!!:T:T:T:T:T
  • Yes Shirefolk, it was 8 weeks but the banks have been given more time to deal with complaints due to the backlog so its now 16 weeks. Dont know how much you will get back though but sure someone will know. Good luck
  • Hi Derwent, I contacted Mbna yesterday regarding my husbands credit card and got a reply within 30 minutes. The email for them is [EMAIL="ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com"]ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com[/EMAIL] Hope this helps. Sorry cant help you with the others though. Good luck
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    jolfc wrote: »
    Has anyone got an email address for someone quite high up at the Halifax, maybe the ceo. I am sure it has been posted before, but I cant find it, :D

Email

[EMAIL="antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com"]antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com[/EMAIL]

Make sure you reference Halifax and any reference numbers you have.

I received a letter a few days later from a claims handler explaining what was going on, so be patient waiting for a response. (unlike I was :rotfl:)
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure