3kg Whole Turkey or 2kg Turkey Crown £8 at Morrisons

Comments

• sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    not when you cooked it ,what you should never do is defrost frozen meat &refreeze before cooking it, but once cooked its fine to refreeze again .

That's poor generic advice.

If you (say) thawed chicken to the point where you can cut it in half and then re-froze half of it, the increased risk to health is zero.

What you need to avoid is completely thawing a meat and leaving it in the fridge for a couple of days before refreezing it.

Even then, if you cooked it thoroughly you would kill off the harmful bacteria.
  • sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Food scares in the past such as Salmonella can nearly always be explained as uneducated people not understanding how to cook properly and kill off the harmful bacteria.
  • Went into Morrisons today and they haven't got them. Wondered whether it's only online or if this promotion hasn't started yet??:cool:
  • savvyme wrote: »
    Went into Morrisons today and they haven't got them. Wondered whether it's only online or if this promotion hasn't started yet??:cool:

Me too!! Went to Morrisons especially to get one of these and they were nowhere to be seen!:(
    Thank you to everyone that contributes on these pages!:beer:

• wirehair
    wirehair Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    savvyme wrote: »
    Went into Morrisons today and they haven't got them. Wondered whether it's only online or if this promotion hasn't started yet??:cool:

I went to get one also made a special journey , they were all priced up at about £14 .:mad:
    Never pay more than you have too
  • ellilew
    ellilew Posts: 78 Forumite
    I also made a special journey and there were none! The freezers had loads of turkeys in and they had a tag on the shelf for the £8 crowns but it looked to me like they had never put any out as they would have been jumbled up with whole turkeys. I asked a member of staff and they said there were none in stock. :(
  • ellilew wrote: »
    I also made a special journey and there were none! The freezers had loads of turkeys in and they had a tag on the shelf for the £8 crowns but it looked to me like they had never put any out as they would have been jumbled up with whole turkeys. I asked a member of staff and they said there were none in stock. :(

There wasn't even a tag on the shelf for the £8 Turkeys, only Morrisons own for £14. :(
  • The turkeys have made a run for it! Last seen furiously paddling a raft to warmer climes, with a bottle of Morrisons half-price Bollinger under each wing....
  • The turkeys in Wolverhampton Morrisons must have made a run for it too because there was none to be found and I made my husband search through all of the turkeys which were lumped in together looking for the elusive £8 turkey which had to weigh between 3 to 4kg and the smallest I could find was 4.005 and if I had bought this is went up to £12. Plenty of £8 crown turkeys though.:(
  • For comparison (and if you give up on Morrisons):-
    Tesco frozen Bernard Matthews small turkeys 2.805kg-4.0kg (serves 4-5) are currently £10.
    Tesco frozen Bernard Matthews medium turkeys 4.05kg - 5.04kg (serves 6-7) are £15. Self-basting.
    Tesco frozen Bernard Matthews turkey crown 2kg -2.3kg (serves 5-7) £15.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure