HELP! Have cut back all I can but am still over-spending!

Comments

• She knows that bob. She's cutting back . Your tv licence knowledge is awesome. Do you find bbc iplayer best thing ever invented too? I can't sing its praises enough
  • I haven't used it since the last series of Top Gear premièred.
  • de_g.
    de_g. Posts: 121 Forumite
    aliasojo wrote: »
    I've done a very bad thing.

I bought a bottle of Blossom Hill Zinfadel (£6.29 at Tescos lol) and left it in the boot of the car until OH went to work.

I'm on a tight budget at the moment and you lot have got me paranoid. :rotfl:

I've never hidden alcohol in my life!

Uh... I think the bad thing was paying £6.29 (or indeed, paying anything at all) for Blossom Hill...
    :rotfl:
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Shopping in Tesco earlier and they had devoted part of an aisle to offers on alcohol, wine and champagne for Valentines day. I know the OP said they shopped in Asda but I should imagine they have a similar promotion running there.

I am interested in reading about your journey, you have similar income and housing costs to ourselves and the same age kids. My husband works away 1 night every week and we are about to make him a 'stock cupboard' so he isn't spending a fortune on the road, so I liked the response from the lorry driver. Mr S likes a 'fresh' orange juice in a plastic bottle if he travels early in a morning and we've found long-life one in a plastic bottle in our larger Tesco. At £2.49 for 6 it's not the cheapest option he could go for (eg cordial, water) but it still reduces by 50% what he was spending, and sometimes that is the steps you need to take to start off with.

Don't know if this is of any help but my Dad goes clay pigeon shooting and takes a flask of hot water and then a selection of coffee/tea-bags,soups so he can have whatever
    he fancies. Can't remember what make the flask is but he said it keeps hot for a lot of hours.
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Ok, Ok I confess, the remaining three Kit Kats are hidden in my car !! 4 for a quid was just too good to miss, but too shameful to share !
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    suki1964 wrote: »
    How the hell can anyone stick to a diet when ONE chunky kitkat is 60p yet 4 are a quid? :eek::eek:

You reckon I can sue Martin ???:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What the heck has Martin got to do with it? :D You're the one with no will power. :p

Ps.....I had my kitkat....then went back for another later on. :o

Mmmm.....if you find a way to sue, I'd be in for a class action. ;)
    de_g. wrote: »
    Uh... I think the bad thing was paying £6.29 (or indeed, paying anything at all) for Blossom Hill...

I thanked you cos you replied to me and it's only polite. :D

But don't be thinking you're talking sense. :whistle: :rotfl:
    Mara_uk7 wrote: »
    Ok, Ok I confess, the remaining three Kit Kats are hidden in my car !! 4 for a quid was just too good to miss, but too shameful to share !

Mmmm I hid the wine but not the chocolate. Wonder what that means. :think: :D

Btw, if you are using this method as a crutch to help not pig out.....best park the car at least 6 streets away from home. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    suki1964 wrote: »
    How the hell can anyone stick to a diet when ONE chunky kitkat is 60p yet 4 are a quid? :eek::

I find nestle's sickening business practices help me.

https://www.babymilkaction.org
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • de_g.
    aliasojo wrote: »
    I thanked you cos you replied to me and it's only polite. :D

But don't be thinking you're talking sense. :whistle: :rotfl:

There's no accounting for taste (or indeed, lack of it).

On a serious note, you can get much better than Blossom Hill with your £6.29. It's a perfect example of a wine being priced unreasonably high initially to be reduced later (e.g. It's currently down to a fiver a Tesco, probably the actual fair price).
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just bought it at Tesco last night.

Sure it's the Zinfadel version?

I'm not a serious wine buff, I like simple fruity tasting wine. I've tried many over the years and this is the only one I don't get a headache with the next day. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • de_g.
    Ah yes, looking at the wrong one. I dislike Rose wine intensely, so on reflection I'd say you're paying £6.39 over the odds. That said, they've loads on offer at the moment - on balance I'd have gone for the Tesco Finest Ryan Shiraz Rose at £6 down from £8.99.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure