Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Comments

• the SRA have been in all day today loading all the files into lorrys. Not sure what company they are going to, but at least you should all get your files back or money returned. will keep you updated if i get any further news.
  • moongate wrote: »
    the SRA have been in all day today loading all the files into lorrys. Not sure what company they are going to, but at least you should all get your files back or money returned. will keep you updated if i get any further news.

Thank you for the update. How did you know it was the SRA and were any more windows smashed or any signs of any staff around?
  • My husband has spoken to them (he is actually a solicitor), he reported them and has repeatedly chased them for 9 months. so they came into his office the other day to speak to him and today the lorrys arrived. No sign of Wolstenholmes staff.
  • So it is official that they have now been intervened. Do we know what happened, i.e receivership, a fraud????
  • moongate wrote: »
    the SRA have been in all day today loading all the files into lorrys. Not sure what company they are going to, but at least you should all get your files back or money returned. will keep you updated if i get any further news.

Lets just hope that (for those of us dealing with the Bham office) all of our files were actually sent up there and have not just been left lying around some unused office in Bham!

Thankyou so much for the update!:beer:
  • Let us hope to god that they, the SRA. have intervened. How can it be that they have lasted so long like this? Are there ANY satisfied customers out there as the website proclaims? Thanks for the ongoing updates Moongate :T
  • I dont think their own staff are satisfied let alone any customers!

Bye the way, I too will be trying to claim my £450 deposit back through my credit card company but I am not sure if we need to put in a written complaint first!
  • DIZZY11 wrote: »
    I dont think their own staff are satisfied let alone any customers!

Bye the way, I too will be trying to claim my £450 deposit back through my credit card company but I am not sure if we need to put in a written complaint first!

Most, if not all of us posting to this forum are owed money by WH. If the SRA HAVE intervened, what do we do now? Do we start by filing a complaint with the LCS or do we go straight to the SRA?
  • Catwoman8950
    Catwoman8950 Posts: 122 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2009 at 2:30AM
    Simply_Me wrote: »
    So it is official that they have now been intervened. Do we know what happened, i.e receivership, a fraud????

It will be reported in the Law Society Gazette (available online at www.lawgazette.co.uk, type SRA interventions into their search engine) one of these days and it's going to make interesting reading!
  • Most, if not all of us posting to this forum are owed money by WH. If the SRA HAVE intervened, what do we do now? Do we start by filing a complaint with the LCS or do we go straight to the SRA?
    I've just spoken to a guy at the SRA (via the Law society). Apparently their systems haven't been updated as yet to say that there has been an intervention and who they have appointed as their agents. He suggested waiting a few days to a week and calling back and they would then be able to tell me who the intervening agent is. I guess until we get public confirmation from the SRA that they have intervened, then any advice is going to be on a hypothetical basis. Looks unlikely that this will be resolved before the 10 working days I get after the "Notice to Complete" was issued by my seller's solicitor. Just hope me and the bank get the money they should still be holding and there's enough in the compensation fund for me to get back my 10% deposit that our sellers will undoubtedly keep for a failed completion.
    To put this into perspective for those that work at WH and haven't been paid this month; my 10% deposit is over 8 months net pay (i.e. the money I actually get paid into my bank account after the tax man etc have had their cut) and the balance money that WH hold is over 13 months net pay, so in effect they have 21 months net pay packets of mine. You might now be able to see why you will not get much in the way of sympathy on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure