DPD Driver Franchise

Options

Comments

• Kadimaslam1980
    Options
    Thanks mate I've looked into city sprint and wages are below minimum wage especially as the cost of lease and insurance!. But will keep trying will have a go at DPD AS A SELF EMPLOYED DRIVER can only say no cant they?
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    It's more secure than the way I did it, just make sure you do your costings with DPD.

Good luck.
  • Hi you seem to know what your talking about so I feel like you would be the best person to ask.
    I recently had a accident at work (well about ten months) and went through a rather large puddle which because of the location was hard to tell the depth. It caused around £500 of damage to the van and my company said that I have to pay it. I have no contract and signed no documentation agreeing this when I started. They haven't taken anything out of my wages so I haven't questioned it yet. But today a similar thing happened but this time it's a write off and I've been told I have to pay £1000 plus damages to parcel. Do I have any rights or is there anyone I can contact about this? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks C
  • niclovin07
    Options
    I myself have just stumbled across this thread! A £150 for a day off sick? Are you serious? Must be a Tory voter!

If YOU ARE self employed,why does somebody have the right to charge YOU £150 for not working for them? Sounds to me like a contract of employment has been agreed somewhere. Otherwise how are they legally entitled to charge a self employed person, for doing something they went contractually entitled to do?

Even in my job,if I am unwell and can't do my job,I don't get fined!!!!!:beer:
  • niclovin07
    Options
    If it is that good,why doesn't everyone work for them?
    Sounds like a con to me.
  • niclovin07
    Options
    Why should the company charge you £150-£200 a day? They're still getting paid? It's only the same as paying you?
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might want to learn to use the quote function nic, your posts make little sense without knowing who you are responding to.
  • Gridley_2
    Options
    Sorry to bother you i am thinking of leaving a tescos driving job for a dpd franchise job, i realise your post is old but if you were still working there could you give me any advice re the job.
    Thank you.
  • Jimmy225
    Options
    Take it from a DPD ODF victim who has suffered because of this.
    When I initially became an ODF with DPD, I was promised a certain number of stops per day but I never got that amount and this I was being paid far less then national living wage after direct expenses (which employed drivers do not pay).
    I ended up having to give the franchise up as I felt I was being used as slave labour.
  • pridu99
    Options
    Hi all, glad to see everyones got there opinion. Personally, dont put negitives on a job when you havent even done the bloody job!
    Right, im in the process of starting up with dpd as a franchise....
    Yes it is £1300 up front , £1000 of that is the deposit for leasing the van. £150 if you don't turn in for work, but yes you have to realise that dpd need to pay someone to carry out YOUR CONTRACT!.
    I'm on the business course all next week (unpaid) but you do get a £300 bonus in your 2nd months wage as thank you for attending the course.
    You don't need to do 6 days a week, i'm not going to do saturdays as im a youth football coach.
    £25 you have to pay for a basic disclosure.
    You do need to be commited to the job but its the same as any self employed job, but if you don't then go for an easy £6 an hour/ £200 a week job.
    I start on the 23rd april and i will keep this blog updated so it gives everyone an idea on taking out a franchise with dpd.
      You posted this saying you would keep it updated then nothing. It would be really helpful if you added your experiences.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback