The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• Martins Bradford and Bingley warning had me going for a while but as far as I can tell I'm still getting 6.4% from their internet saver account (no longer available) so mine was not cut.
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you don't look at the article too regualrly, just to inform you that the following has been posted at the top of the article by Martin

STOP PRESS! Rate Drop Leveller active: On 6 Dec, Bank of England cut UK base rate to 5.5%
    After such a fall, it usually takes the savings account market up to a month to stabilise. This article will be updated as regularly as possible, and any rate announcements for products (or whether it’s changed) will be included in a small graphic after the product. Yet for the time being you should double check rates yourself before applying, or wait until the market has stabilised – I’ll let you know in my Weekly Money Tip.
  • EdInvestor asked if anyone had knowledge of opening an account with ICICI.

I've tried. Sent verified copies of Utility Bill plus driving licence. Verified by my neighbour who is an accountant. They now want me to take these documents to one of their branches , the nearest of which is 75 miles away.

Over and out as I have just told them. Opened an IceSave account the same day and smooth as that.

ICICI? Don't bother. Others pay marginally less.

All I wanted to do was deposit my pension lump sum of £22500. Hardly Al Qaeda funds!!
  • ICICI Recently became members of the UK Banking code of practice. Don't let them get away with shoddy workmanship. Report what happened to the UK Banking code of practice board.
  • Hi

I have a small business, and as I only pay myself a small salary, I have some savings - which will pay "sick-pay" and redundancy if necessary.

Can anyone suggest a high interest business savings account please.
  • ojock
    ojock Posts: 5 Forumite
    ...you probably won't want to mess with them if you're borrowing :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICICI_Bank#Controversy
  • The Bank of England are offering 6.49% variable with instant access on its Tracker Online account through its Northern Rock brand/subsiduary. As far as I know this is the best instant access rate currently available and of course your money is fully guaranteed.

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/savings/online-savings/

You will probably want to switch accounts after a year because the rate includes a bonus that expires after a year, but the same applies to pretty much any account. The terms of the tracking are ambiguous, but is unlikely to be worth much in the current environment. It is probably worth noting that the 100% guarantee from the Bank of England is likely to be lost at some point through the year, but they'll be plenty of notice if this concerns you.

Also, Halifax are offering 7.05% fixed for 3 months: http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/fixedwebsaver.asp
  • ragdoll
    ragdoll Posts: 104 Forumite
    Will shortly need to put the equity from house sale into an account, am thinking of the AA account but as it is a single applicant account could both my dh and I both open accounts?
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • I want to open a savings account, and have a payment made to me by a 3rd party, but I am having problems finding one that will take payments from 3rd parties: only accepting payments from linked current accounts. Is what I am expecting impossible?
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why not have the third party pay in to a current account for you and then transfer the money from there to a savings account?
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback