Child & Co Bankers ?

Options

Comments

• Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, the branch is still intact and operate as Drummonds (was there last week).

The Drummonds branded material is only for "Private customers" which use the 16-00-50 sort code you cannot select on the website.

I think until a recent point in time there was only one sort code, 16-00-38 for Drummonds, which also meant that Cards and Cheques were branded (also waiting for feedback by another member of this forum for full confirmation on when this has completely changed) but they have now made a separation to maintain the esclusivity of the brand comparable to Coutts. The Private London Drummonds is the branch that is proposed by Camelot to Lottery winners as one of the possible Premier banking options.

RBS Fleet Street is 16-00-11 and as far as I know they only get RBS cards and cheque books.

Child &Co Fleet Street is 15-80-00 and is known to issue both C&C and RBS branded card depending on what already discussed.

Obviously you can have a Black Reward/Private account with any RBS branches.
  • Paul_1977
    Paul_1977 Posts: 992 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2016 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Yes, the branch is still intact and operate as Drummonds (was there last week).

The Drummonds branded material is only for "Private customers" which use the 16-00-50 sort code you cannot select on the website.

How do you know this?

Im open to your theory but find it strange no one has ever seen a Drummond debit card in recent times.

And why not operate the same way as Child, as both branches are RBS owned.
  • Marchitiello
    Options
    Drummonds Private is now operating more like Coutts and not like a regular RBS branch. The older sort code is operated as standard RBS.

I was told about the difference today and that actually they recently reviewed the graphic for the Drummonds card. I am hopeful to see one such a card soon and will report back.

RBS however does not run a separate website for either C&C or Drummonds like they do for the other proper "Private" banks they own, and it is unlikely that the sort of people that qualify for Drummonds private will post their card on the net: if you think about it, only reason you can easily find Coutts card images is because Coutts release them in the first place.

Bottom line, branded cheque for 16-00-38 are not longer released like this 1980's one :
    CQ1194-4.jpg
  • Paul_1977
    edited 19 May 2016 at 7:13PM
    Options
    I will believe it when I see it.

Who told you? the branch?
  • Paul_1977
    Options
  • Marchitiello
    Options
    No here to convince you, but as many wrong guesses had been made in this thread I thought to add some more reliable information (RBS sources).

For completeness, and what may have confused you previously, the RBS at 1 Fleet st London has three Sort Codes:

16-00-11 RBS Fleet Street Branch - Standard RBS Cards and Cheques

15-80-00 Child & Co original with Branded card upon qualifying profile

16-00-80 Childs Private (RBS Private accounts branded Child&Co)

The private "branch" is not available for opening account on lines as you need to qualify via income/assets/investments
  • Paul_1977
    Options
    You could ask why RBS bother to offer Child accounts to anyone with "low" income, its all a bit odd.
  • Marchitiello
    edited 20 May 2016 at 12:33AM
    Options
    This is my understanding : Both Drummonds and Child were not really that exclusive since being acquired by RBS. Even Coutts was more accessible in the 1990's. the brands were kept for their historical significance more then anything. However since the rise of the Private service by the big banks, deciding to aligning Drummonds more to Coutts, C&C had a very vast clientele in the legal profession, which aside of corporate lawyers, are not all super well off. So, it make sense to have accessible options for all. I guess that if you just walk off the street, and ask to open an account at C&C branch, depending on profile, you are either offered the straight RBS sort code one, a Child &Co or if you are wealthy enough, the Child & Co Private, which it may come with a black Child Card...
  • jinkster
    jinkster Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a gold coloured 15-80-00 debit card. I do like contactless. Does anyone know the more recent debit cards are contactless?

Thanks.
  • SLZ
    SLZ Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    No here to convince you, but as many wrong guesses had been made in this thread I thought to add some more reliable information (RBS sources).

For completeness, and what may have confused you previously, the RBS at 1 Fleet st London has three Sort Codes:

16-00-11 RBS Fleet Street Branch - Standard RBS Cards and Cheques

15-80-00 Child & Co original with Branded card upon qualifying profile

16-00-80 Childs Private (RBS Private accounts branded Child&Co)

The private "branch" is not available for opening account on lines as you need to qualify via income/assets/investments
    Looking through the applications it doesn't appear that you can select these anymore which is a shame. It was fun while it lasted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure