IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Parking fines LUTON AIRPORT

Comments

• Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Poor debt collectors, less greedy and they could have got £40 instead of nothing which is now what they will be getting.
  • scorpy
    scorpy Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 20 February 2012 at 5:31PM
    I am in the same boat as many others by the sounds of things and i havent even been sent my parking ticket fine from November, I only knew about this today as I received a call from a mobile number to mine (heaven knows how they got my number) I explained that I hadnt received anything in writing, they are now passing this back to APCOA. The lady explained they got my address from the DVLA and as i wasnt in receipt of the parking tickets that I must have 'falsely given DVLA my incorrect address' (how rude) and for the record to all you readers I havent as I receive my tax disc renewals without any problem.
    I did mention to the staff in question that I will be reporting her for accussing me of giving out the wrong information to DVLA - obviously when/if this all finally blows over.
    Forgot to mention that I did receive a 1st call from them last Friday but didnt answer it - just saved the number!
    Oh and its going to cost me £131 - I did query the odd amount and got told that is what we charge!
    How long on average do these people keep hounding for???
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The letters shown in the top thread 'PPC letters & threats' will arrive like clockwork over a good few months, you should be clear of this junk mail before Christmas easily. Check out the top thread. for the known letter-chain.

And here are other threads about APCOA so you're certainly not alone:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=121449891

This search won't last very long - days - but all I did was search the forum for APCOA as a keyword.

Just ignore them anyway - of course it's not going to 'cost you' anything. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • FODDER1
    FODDER1 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I wish I came on this website earlier!!!!

I just wanted to make sure that nothing has changed legally regarding the following, usual situation!!!

1) I am the registered keeper but was not the driver of a car which dropped me off in the bus area at Luton airport - it was dark and we simply followed another car. No idea it was wrong.

2) Since, I have received letters from Graham White and Roxburghe and replied to Roxburghe to inform them I was not the driver. I did not give the details of who the actual driver was.

3) I got the feeling this was all a bit dodgy so browsed the internet to see if there was any advice. I would appreciate it if someone can confirm I should continue to follow the same procedure as mentioned in earlier posts by not replying because what they are trying to do is not enforceable?

Thanks
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Consider it confirmed. Ignoring them is the best thing to do.
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Yes, Fodder, you have done just fine. Keep on as you started, it IS a scam. Once you hear from the phoney solicitor Graham White, the letter chain is nearly finished and they will go away.
  • I'd be inclined to reply to their letters telling them that by posting me any further letters they agree to paying me a "postage charge" of £100 per letter.

I'd call it a Postage Charge Notice.
  • give_them_FA
    I like that one! Let's take 'em on with their own bullsh*t!
  • benham3160
    benham3160 Posts: 735 Forumite
    Postage Charge Notice is absolutely brilliant, I'd send it recorded too, so they can not deny they received it.

Regards,
    Andy
  • give_them_FA
    Unfortunately, that involves paying out money. Better to send it unstamped ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure