Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Perhaps Iresa have bitten off more than they can chew!

I am a bit concerned over their back office facilities. I found that despite transferring on the 11th January, like some others on this thread, the customer service and transfer process has not been efficient.
    E-mails have not been responded to and are still outstanding.
    Subsequent telephone contacts necessitate waiting over an hour in a queue.
    They have twice indicated during two phone calls that there is a problem with the gas transfer and that they will act on it and get back to me. I have heard nothing further.
    I provided MPNRs but they have not appeared on my online account.
    The contract date has not been added for gas.
    Now the website is down.
    I am totally in the dark regarding my transfer.

I feel quite strongly that the transfer process between energy providers should be tightened up and that new providers should satisfy that their back office facilities are satisfactory, before they are permitted to trade.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    icharus wrote: »
    Perhaps Iresa have bitten off more than they can chew!

I am a bit concerned over their back office facilities. I found that despite transferring on the 11th January, like some others on this thread, the customer service and transfer process has not been efficient.
    E-mails have not been responded to and are still outstanding.
    Subsequent telephone contacts necessitate waiting over an hour in a queue.
    They have twice indicated during two phone calls that there is a problem with the gas transfer and that they will act on it and get back to me. I have heard nothing further.
    I provided MPNRs but they have not appeared on my online account.
    The contract date has not been added for gas.
    Now the website is down.
    I am totally in the dark regarding my transfer.

I feel quite strongly that the transfer process between energy providers should be tightened up and that new providers should satisfy that their back office facilities are satisfactory, before they are permitted to trade.

Make the point to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

They will not investigate individual complaints but they do add all the information that consumers provide to a database for their Compliance Team to review.
  • System
    Community Admin
    The website is back up again. I cannot see any changes.
  • icharus
    Hengus wrote: »
    Make the point to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

They will not investigate individual complaints but they do add all the information that consumers provide to a database for their Compliance Team to review.

Thanks for your comment.

I feel I have to give the smaller companies a chance. If in due course my transfer goes through without too much disruption then I will ignore the poorer level of communication etc. If, however, these problems persist and cause disruption with my supply, then I will pass on the information to Ofgem.

I am just expressing my concerns and venting at the moment!
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    icharus wrote: »
    Thanks for your comment.

I feel I have to give the smaller companies a chance. If in due course my transfer goes through without too much disruption then I will ignore the poorer level of communication etc. If, however, these problems persist and cause disruption with my supply, then I will pass on the information to Ofgem.

I am just expressing my concerns and venting at the moment!

Bizarrely, Facebook Messaging them gets a pretty much immediate reply. Gave my gas reading on there and had it acknowledged with copious apologies.

I like the principle of supporting the smaller provider so I hope they sort out the phones and online website messaging which is so slow.

Apparently the website being down was an internet provider issue. I don't really buy that in this day and age. Clearly no business continuity planning, but maybe that is their size. They need to sort that out too.

Onward and upward. Gas now finally switched so over to E.On for the final bill and refund of credit.
  • System
    Community Admin
    jlfan wrote: »
    Bizarrely, Facebook Messaging them gets a pretty much immediate reply. Gave my gas reading on there and had it acknowledged with copious apologies.

I like the principle of supporting the smaller provider so I hope they sort out the phones and online website messaging which is so slow.

Apparently the website being down was an internet provider issue. I don't really buy that in this day and age. Clearly no business continuity planning, but maybe that is their size. They need to sort that out too.

Onward and upward. Gas now finally switched so over to E.On for the final bill and refund of credit.

Not according to Twitter:

Iresa Limited
    ‏@IresaEnergy

Follow
    More
    Morning @p_r_anderson 🙂That's right were just making a few updates, but we will be back within the hour!
    1:11 AM - 17 Feb 2017
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    Not according to Twitter:

Iresa Limited
    ‏@IresaEnergy

Follow
    More
    Morning @p_r_anderson 🙂That's right were just making a few updates, but we will be back within the hour!
    1:11 AM - 17 Feb 2017

A little bit of internet snooping suggests the ISP is also the hosting provider, possibly they tried to push an update to production and it failed. The reason there are no apparent changes could be that they had to roll back instead.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • icharus
    jlfan wrote: »

I am not on Twitter and don't want to be, but looked at the Twitter feed online. You are right there does seem to be a lot of activity. I wish they would respond to e-mails as quickly. Of course individual e-mails can't be read and create an overall bad impression of the company the same as Twitter can. Given this evidence, I could say that Iresa is being quite cynical and this does not really bode well for their overall attitude to customer care.
  • I've just abandoned my switch to them after they managed to reject my application for a reason that they don't know, which meant they didn't send me any emails ( not even to tell me they'd rejected it). I only found out when they took the first direct debit as their billing system isn't connected to their account system(?!)
    25 minutes on hold to get through, but I must admit their staff are very helpful when you get through and do really try to help
  • I'm in the same position although still waiting for the Electricity Meter Point to be set up on my account ( I blame EON :D) and I assume the meter readings I provided have been sent via carrier pigeon for validation by this mystical third party who apparently know better than me what my meter readings are! - I've had disputes with these !!!!!!s before! :mad:.

Just to update this - my Electricity Meter Point finally appeared in my Iresa account overnight (7 days after my switch date) but the opening meter read I provided hasn't.

Judging by the comments others have made re timescales I expect this will happen in the next couple of days and I should then receive my final bill from EON to complete the switching process.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure