Jobcentreplus have lost my accounts!!!!!!!

Options
libertyslair
libertyslair Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 19 September 2017 at 3:39PM in Small biz MoneySaving
In January I started my own small business through the NEA scheme, its small but profitable. The reason I started the business was to get off benefits, in 2014 I was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumour, I've had surgery and radiation to prolong my life but there is no cure and no options left. I was told by various professionals including the job centre that I would never work again and I am proving them all wrong by doing this. Due to my health condition my wife is my carer and she receives income support and carers allowance. Because I'm self employed I need to send my accounts every 3 months as evidence of my earnings to income support for my wife's benefits.

It is very fast looking like all the confidential information we posted has gone missing, income support are claiming to have never received it. I was wondering who is responsible for my documents after we post them Royal Mail or DWP, they are sent in the job centres own envelope as requested, we seal the envelope with extra sellotape for security.

I am absolutely fuming at the moment, I run a small online business reselling products bought from wholesalers for a profit and somebody potentially has a copy of my accounts and other personal information relating to my business.

What action can I take? I am holding off picking the phone up because I am so upset about this matter!!!!!!!

Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer.
Mark

Comments

• fewgroats
    Options
    Have you made an official complaint? It seems a Data Protection issue.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • libertyslair
    Options
    Not yet, giving them a couple more days
  • libertyslair
    Options
    I can't be sure if any damage has been done financially, I'm more scared someone has 3 months of financial records
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't be sure if any damage has been done financially, I'm more scared someone has 3 months of financial records
    And what do you think they could do with those 3 months of financial records that would have a bad effect on you?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport