Mobile business serving alcohol "incidentally"

I've gone through the government advice on the website and I couldn't find anything appropriate to this situation, so maybe someone here can help.
If I'm running a business, which involves walking with groups in different locations, where I wanted to carry alcohol, to allow people to sample along the way, would I need some kind of license to do so?
They'd be paying for the walk, but the alcohol would be included, and would be different each time too.
On one hand I'm thinking that the alcohol sampling is just me giving it away for free, however, then I guess I wouldn't be able to advertise that as part of what you're getting.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Gav74 wrote: »
    If I'm running a business, which involves walking with groups in different locations, where I wanted to carry alcohol, to allow people to sample along the way, would I need some kind of license to do so?

You are selling alcohol as part of the package.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,543
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You will therefore need a personal alcohol licence and if you are conducting the walks on a country estate (for example) you will need a premises licence. If you are walking on public land, I'm not certain if selling alcohol is legal.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Also remember that, unless all you are doing is handling sealed miniatures or individual cans, you will be classed as food handling and will have to take appropriate measures during your walk, like making sure your hands and the glasses are clean.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Gav74
    Gav74 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Thanks for the help everyone
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    And you need to abide by the alcohol measures legislation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income