Laser Hair Removal Didn't Work - what are my rights?

I have had 10 sessions of laser hair removal since Feb 2016, at a total cost of nearly £2000 by a 'one man band' beautician who works from home and was recommended to me, and after a consultation, the beautician assured me at the start, that despite other beauty professionals advising me that laser would NOT work on my hair colour/skin type (red hair/pale skin) that her machine WOULD work and that she'd had excellent results with similar clients. She showed no evidence of this at any point, but I had faith in her so embarked on regular sessions, following instructions and only shaving in between, not waxing. At first she encouraged me to do multiple areas at the same time, to save money in the long term, but at £300 a visit for this, each month, after 2 or 3 sessions doing this, I realised it was costing a fortune and told her that until I was sure it would work on one area, I would not do anymore so we agreed to do my legs only.

After a few sessions I told her I was disappointed at the lack of results, she said I needed to be patient and persevere and that everyone is different and it could take 10, 12 or more sessions to see results. At this point she offered one free session.

I continued but still no results. I told her about this, she said she COULD see a reduction in growth. I had 2 more sessions and then text last month to say I was cancelling my next appointment and not returning as it simply was not working. This was after 10 sessions in total.

She did not reply.

I've spent a fortune and it simply has not worked. Every other beautician I've spoken to about it and who has seen my skin/hair said they would never take me on as a client with my hair/skin type as they know laser would never work on me and they were horrified that someone said that it would work.

What are my rights in terms of refund/compensation please and how do I go about it?

All payments were done by cheque (she requested it be left blank with no payee info) and she has no website/business name and works from home.

Thanks in advance

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family