Black Country Museum

Options
Hi, does anyone know where I can find a voucher for the museum?
The only ones I can see are on the days out guide which require train travel.
Many thanks

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    adandem wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know where I can find a voucher for the museum?
    The only ones I can see are on the days out guide which require train travel.
    Many thanks
    The days out guide deals do not require you to travel by train. You just need a train ticket per person. Buy the cheapest train ticket you can that is valid on the day of your visit.

An Anytime Day Single from either Coseley or Dudley Port to Tipton is £2.20.

Buying two of those singles saves £13.10 off the admission price for two adults.

Using Clubcard vouchers, two people get admission for £10 worth of vouchers.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    25% off travel by bus
  • colcheslad
    colcheslad Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They accept Clubcard tokens if you've got any spare
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    The days out guide deals do not require you to travel by train. You just need a train ticket per person. Buy the cheapest train ticket you can that is valid on the day of your visit.

An Anytime Day Single from either Coseley or Dudley Port to Tipton is £2.20.

Buying two of those singles saves £13.10 off the admission price for two adults.

Using Clubcard vouchers, two people get admission for £10 worth of vouchers.

Just downloaded the voucher, it says you must provide the ticket to prove you have travelled by train to the destination. Our only option was to call in at Dudley Port en route but we can't travel 'from' there to the museum.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 April 2017 at 3:18PM
    Options
    adandem wrote: »
    Just downloaded the voucher, it says you must provide the ticket to prove you have travelled by train to the destination. Our only option was to call in at Dudley Port en route but we can't travel 'from' there to the museum.

Why not?
    Drive to Dudley Port station.
    Buy train tickets.
    Get back in car and drive to the venue.

As mentioned above, buy Anytime Day Singles from Dudley Port to Tipton for £2.20. One needed for each visitor.

Just presenting the ticket at the venue is enough proof.
    You do not need to travel on a train.

If you're feeling guilty, buy a ticket from further away.
    For an extra ten pence a single from Sandwell & Dudley or Wolverhampton is available - £2.30 each.

You can buy all these tickets at any manned railway station booking office.
  • adandem
    Options
    Thank you, I was just worried that if I bought it from Dudley Port to Tipton, I'm not actually using it to get to the venue?
    Thanks for the advice.
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you buy your tickets online you can pick them up at any station ticket machine, wherever they are for - just choose your nearest from the drop down menu. I used the 2 for 1 offer and just picked up the tickets from my local station the day before our trip. Never used them and no questions asked at the museum I was visiting. Saved £16.
  • adandem
    Options
    We did it! They barely even looked at the train tickets. 4 adults for £43.80 instead of £70. Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure