paying off my current credit as part of my mortgage deal

we have our mortgage offer from halifax and part of the deal is that it says we have agreed to pay off some or all of our current credit aggrements

£2200 credit card
£900 dfs sofas
£500 tyres
i stated to the mortgage advisor that we could pay some of this off but never said exactly which one or the amount .

if i pay off £5 then technically i have paid off some of the debt-its quite unclear what they actually want us to do.

any ideas? should i clear all which would leave us very tight with money or should i just pay off a little?

Comments

• Strummer22
    Strummer22 Posts: 603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It would be whatever you or your broker put on the application form. Any idea what that was?
  • Lilla_D
    Lilla_D Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    When putting in the application, the advisor has to mark for each commitment whether or not it'd be cleared by the time the mortgage starts. Net, your advisor will be able to tell you exactly what's on the application and what needs to be cleared in order to be able to borrow as much as you are approved for.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    we have our mortgage offer from halifax and part of the deal is that it says we have agreed to pay off some or all of our current credit aggrements

£2200 credit card
    £900 dfs sofas
    £500 tyres
    i stated to the mortgage advisor that we could pay some of this off but never said exactly which one or the amount .

if i pay off £5 then technically i have paid off some of the debt-its quite unclear what they actually want us to do.

any ideas? should i clear all which would leave us very tight with money or should i just pay off a little?

how much did the mortgage offer actually stipulate you must pay? if it says x amount you need to pay x amount or the offer will be withdrawn
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Lilla_D
    Lilla_D Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Halifax offers don't stipulate the amount to be repaid, which is why I mentioned that the broker would be able to tell how they submitted the application.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure