The "Save 12k in 2015' Thread!

Comments

• bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your tireless hard work in managing this!
  • AnnaLMLH
    AnnaLMLH Posts: 207 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    #203 £50 in to savings today £1740/£12000 14.5%
    DFBXMAS15 £6600/£6600 100% #143

• wpearson92
    wpearson92 Posts: 46 Forumite
    What do you want your target to be?

£17,000 please
    Save 12k in 2015 number 218: £5440/£17000 -

House deposit savings: £13,440/£16,5000

Car Finance: £12,900/£17,000 (£284 a month)
  • LiveSimply
    LiveSimply Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    This is such an inspiring thread. Well done to everyone, no matter what the amount is.

What do you all do with your savings? Is it all in a different account? I have a Santander 123 so it would be hard to calculate my savings as they would just stay in the account as money not spent as opposed to saved.
    Trying to connect. 
  • StripeySock
    StripeySock Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can I join in too? Would love to get to 8K by the end of the year 😊
  • bsms1147
    LiveSimply wrote: »
    This is such an inspiring thread. Well done to everyone, no matter what the amount is.

What do you all do with your savings? Is it all in a different account? I have a Santander 123 so it would be hard to calculate my savings as they would just stay in the account as money not spent as opposed to saved.
    Mine are in a collection of current accounts and savings accounts, chasing the best rates. I consider any positive balance, less negative balances like credit cards, as savings.
  • bsms1147
    Can I join in too? Would love to get to 8K by the end of the year 😊
    Welcome, and good luck! :)
  • LiveSimply
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    Mine are in a collection of current accounts and savings accounts, chasing the best rates. I consider any positive balance, less negative balances like credit cards, as savings.

I don't understand that. My account is up and down all the time with money in and out all month. I guess it would be easier if I only had one source of money eg one wage, then everything going out at the same time, a few days later. So at what point would I count my savings? If I had a separate account I can understand it, but I don't have the money or energy for another current account so it's all in one.
    Trying to connect. 
  • bsms1147
    LiveSimply wrote: »
    I don't understand that. My account is up and down all the time with money in and out all month. I guess it would be easier if I only had one source of money eg one wage, then everything going out at the same time, a few days later. So at what point would I count my savings? If I had a separate account I can understand it, but I don't have the money or energy for another current account so it's all in one.
    Compare your total balance(s) on the last day of the month, from one month to the next. The difference is the amount you've saved.

One way of doing it at least.
  • LiveSimply
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    Compare your total balance(s) on the last day of the month, from one month to the next. The difference is the amount you've saved.

One way of doing it at least.

So on the last day of every month I just look at my current account, deduct what is owing on my credit card and anything that is due to be paid and declare that number? Well even I can manage that I reckon!

Can I join in then?

I will take a wild guess at £3000. No idea if it's realistic, I just plucked it out of thin air.
    Trying to connect. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport