Comments

• Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    Hi

I used the Download link here

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODE=

I had problems with not being able to paste the second dload file to the root of the SD card, but I overcame that by pasting to another folder and dragging it across.

I have been toying with using Sillygoose's method of upgrading to ICS, but after my experience with the official OTA upgrade I will probably stick with GB.

Re my earlier question, do you have to download and install all the apps from the Play Store every time you up/downgrade the phone?

Many thanks. I am downloading the file now. What do you mean by the second dload file or will that become clear when I unzip the file?

I have never found a way of keeping the apps and always use the Play Store to download them every time I up/downgrade. Alright for free apps but a bit of a pain for the paid ones!

Perhaps Sillygoose or JethroUK might come along and tell us otherwise.
  • mike_the_bike_2
    Options
    Hi..I appreciate the camera faces the wrong way but has anyone used skype with the g300?
    The Early bird may catch the worm ...but its the second mouse that gets all the cheese!
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How do you move apps from 1 screen to another in ICS ?
    When you hold your finger down on an app it moves to a home screen and I don't want that,I just want to keep similar apps together
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    I'm a bit concerned about Emy501's post. Can anyone confirm that this phone comes with Flash preinstalled? I don't want to go order it then find that sites that use it won't work properly.
    Hi..I appreciate the camera faces the wrong way but has anyone used skype with the g300?
    Yes, earlier in the thread somebody said the audio works fine, but I suspect you are really asking if the pic of the person you're calling is OK. Anyone?
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Not Skype, but I have used MobileVoip recently and it worked like a charm calling a landline. It was much clearer using it on the phone than using the laptop.

With calling a landline there was no need for the camera.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was going to reinstall Opera Mini, but see that there is also an Opera for Mobile. What is the difference between the two or are they more or less the same?
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was going to reinstall Opera Mini, but see that there is also an Opera for Mobile. What is the difference between the two or are they more or less the same?

The main difference is what goes on behind the user interface.

Opera Mini always uses Opera’s advanced server compression technology to compress web content before it gets to a device.The rendering engine is on Opera’s server.

Opera Mobile is a full Internet browser for mobile devices. The full web-rendering engine – Opera Presto – is run on the phone using the phones’ hardware to download and display webpages.

Which browser is best for me — Opera Mini or Opera Mobile?

Opera Mobile’s capabilities provide a higher fidelity browsing experience and is ideal when on Wi-Fi or unlimited wireless broadband. With Opera Mini, the assistance of servers make browsing lightning fast and also much cheaper if you are paying per megabyte. Many users use Opera Mobile when on Wi-Fi and Opera Mini when on the move.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/specs/
  • Emy1501
    Emy1501 Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a bit concerned about Emy501's post. Can anyone confirm that this phone comes with Flash preinstalled? I don't want to go order it then find that sites that use it won't work properly.

Yes, earlier in the thread somebody said the audio works fine, but I suspect you are really asking if the pic of the person you're calling is OK. Anyone?

Searching the net it seems that flash isn't preinstalled though it seems you can download it from the net. Whether your phone will then need to be rooted to install it I don't know.

There is also a suggestion that chrome on ICS comes with some sort flash installed but again no idea if true or what videos will play.
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options

I like text wrapping and column view on opera mobile as per original g300 browser which great for reading forums on your mobile but this is not on opera mini
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2012 at 9:38AM
    Options
    I have the non-Voda V940 ICS installed and in Opera Mobile the Adobe website reports I have working flash version 11.1.115 which I didn't install.

In the in-built browser app it is also shown the same, the website identifies the Browser as Safari... haha!

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Flash doesn't work in Chrome.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure