Budget energy

Comments

• Just been reading through all the messages.
    I have just discovered the Budget elec people and they are sending me out a 'welcome pack'. I am currently with airtricity and although locked into a 2yr contact with them, the Budget people aid they would pay the £50 fee from jumping out of airtricity and credit my elec a/c with the £50.

I think the budget energy people seem the cheapest and I shall be reading all the small print about direct debits etc...

Anyone else changing/changed....and are paying DD.....are you still happy with this Budget company?
    :beer:
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Not paying by DD myself but I'm saving more than I initially thought,around £1.50 a week!
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Just been reading through all the messages.
    I have just discovered the Budget elec people and they are sending me out a 'welcome pack'. I am currently with airtricity and although locked into a 2yr contact with them, the Budget people aid they would pay the £50 fee from jumping out of airtricity and credit my elec a/c with the £50.

I think the budget energy people seem the cheapest and I shall be reading all the small print about direct debits etc...

Anyone else changing/changed....and are paying DD.....are you still happy with this Budget company?
    I am pretty content with Budget.Switched around September 2011 just before they had a rise in prices as did NIE. Still a bit confused as to what i am actually saving mainly because of the price rise and the fact that this winter has been milder than last year so i cannot really calculate any savings made.According the the money i have fed into my keypad meter it amounts to the same as i used last year but probably less than it would have been had i stayed with NIE...If you know what i mean.:eek:
    None the wiser really but i live in hope.
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    I am pretty content with Budget.Switched around September 2011 just before they had a rise in prices as did NIE. Still a bit confused as to what i am actually saving mainly because of the price rise and the fact that this winter has been milder than last year so i cannot really calculate any savings made.According the the money i have fed into my keypad meter it amounts to the same as i used last year but probably less than it would have been had i stayed with NIE...If you know what i mean.:eek:
    None the wiser really but i live in hope.

Hi Hazel

If you take a meter reading now and same time next week, this will show your weekly use, then x 17.37 (PowerNi keyapd cost per unit) and by 14.81 (budget Energy keypad cost per unit) - The diff between the two will show your weekly savings :)
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Just been reading through all the messages.

I'm paying BE by DD. There was an issue where they changed my DD amount without telling me (see prev pages where I and someone else phoned up and gave off!) But they take my money every month and I've just had the meter read so awaiting a bill through any day now.

All ok at the moment.....
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    rolo1 wrote: »
    Hi Hazel

If you take a meter reading now and same time next week, this will show your weekly use, then x 17.37 (PowerNi keyapd cost per unit) and by 14.81 (budget Energy keypad cost per unit) - The diff between the two will show your weekly savings :)

Actually hazel there is a simpler way to work out savings.

Go to keypad and press 2 twice to get weekly cost , say e.g £15

Then divide by 0.1481 to get units used, so 15/0.1481 = 101.282 units used

101.282 units x 0.1737 (PowerNI Cost) = £17.59

saving £2.59 p/w or representative of £134 per year!
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    rolo1 wrote: »
    Actually hazel there is a simpler way to work out savings.

Go to keypad and press 2 twice to get weekly cost , say e.g £15

Then divide by 0.1481 to get units used, so 15/0.1481 = 101.282 units used

101.282 units x 0.1737 (PowerNI Cost) = £17.59

saving £2.59 p/w or representative of £134 per year!
    Thanks rolo1 .......easy??:rotfl:Maths was never my strong point.:D
    With all that i still think i am on an even keel with regards to last year's use with NIE so no better or no worse,just the same roughly.
    However i can be thankful i switched as it probably have been more.
  • RTNI
    Has anyone who pays by DD had an actual bill through from Budget energy yet? My meter was read (or rather we missed the meter man and left the reading for him the next day) about 2 weeks ago and we have not yet received a "reconciled bill" as BE term it.

Anyone enlighten me as to how long it takes to come through?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We pay by DD too and I was wondering when we should get out bill although we signed up with BE about the middle of November 2011 and we haven't had a meter reading yet.

I signed my parents up for BE on Thursday 2nd February, I hope they get transferred over without any hassle!
  • RTNI
    I just remember with NIE / Power NI that it would only be a couple of days between the meter reading and the bill being created.

Just have to play the waiting game now then!
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family