DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Options

Comments

• Kate_fixing_it
    Options
    Where is our Monkeyballs? Hope you are okay my dear. Don't hide from us, we'll find you ;)

That's my "working" week done - at least the work I get paid for. The last 3 days have been hard work but I'm pretty proud of myself for getting it all done. I'm all set for a nice quiet weekend (aside from the inevitable cat litter liners that'll arrive on Default day - aka Saturday) starting with a supermarket takeaway for me and the little ones.

For some reason creation have sent me a letter early telling me they accept the payment offer for 9 months and will "generously" reduce interest to 0.995% per month then interest will revert to normal. We'll see...

Everyone else is playing nicely and totals are dropping. I'm surprised at myself for finally cracking this budgeting thing. I've managed to screw up every month until now and I have one item with a bid on ebay and watchers on the others :) They all end tomorrow.

Right now I'm posting this with a smile on my face for no particular reason other than I'm relatively stress free, relaxed and looking forward to the weekend. Now hands up who couldn't have forseen that 6 months ago (me me me me!)

Kate x
    LBM 17th Oct13 - SC DMP - DFD 10th Feb 2018
    paid pre-DMP £6146 :D paid with DMP £2275 :D F&F's £700 (£450 discount) £1,000 (£1,498.22 discount) £ 700 (489.62 discount) :D Total £9725

Current debt to repay £3,503.13 taking one day at a time
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just had to pop by to say WE ARE NOW UNDER 20K:j it's still a lot but we've paid off £26,016 so far and £19,956 to go looks and feels so much better!!!

For anyone starting out, keep at it, the time does pass by quickly and debt-busting is a great feeling

Take care

Ellie xx
  • Sickofthisdebt
    Options
    Just had to pop by to say WE ARE NOW UNDER 20K:j it's still a lot but we've paid off £26,016 so far and £19,956 to go looks and feels so much better!!!

For anyone starting out, keep at it, the time does pass by quickly and debt-busting is a great feeling

Take care

Ellie xx

That's amazing well done :T
    LBM July 14
    DMP 01.09.14 47 payments to Debt Free
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all. Did my phoning and creditors all sorted after the drop in my monthly payments. At HH's suggestion I am going to do a review with SC before I go self managed. I have a good reason to do a review anyway, my rent is going up but my pay is going down as work have signed me up to the pension scheme. Hopefully then I will be in a good position to deal with the creditors.

Suseka hope you are feeling a bit better today.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options

Take care

Ellie xx

Brilliant news Ellie :j
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Growurown wrote: »
    Morning all. Did my phoning and creditors all sorted after the drop in my monthly payments. At HH's suggestion I am going to do a review with SC before I go self managed. I have a good reason to do a review anyway, my rent is going up but my pay is going down as work have signed me up to the pension scheme. Hopefully then I will be in a good position to deal with the creditors.

Suseka hope you are feeling a bit better today.

I did the review with SC before going self managed too but then didn't like their figures and moved across to NED CAB DMP. The amounts I presented to our creditors were very different to SC's but no-one seemed in the least bit bothered.

I really think you are making the correct move GUO :T

TTFTM x
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Suseka wrote: »
    Hi y'all... thanks for the kind messages, bum kicks and hugs. It's just what I needed. This is the only place I can talk about my DMP and the emotional turmoil it creates at times. My OH is a lovely man and able to seperate this all from other parts of his life, whereas for me the DMP, work and family issues all merge into one.

I think the antidepressants I'm on have contributed to my weightgain and so by coming off them (albeit slowly and worrying about the possible mood swings) should help. Hopefully that coupled with a proper healthy weightloss programme and a bit of exercise should start to turn things around. I used to be a size 16 and I'm a size 20 right now so I've grown by two dress sizes in just 12 months :eek:

I've only a few more hours left at work today and then I'm having a long weekend. I aim to refocus on the good things and be more positive.

Sazzie23 - you're right about the past, there's nothing I can do with that, but I can affect the future.

So again - thanks all and although I'm signing off for the weekend I'll be back to contribute soon.

This thread is for any and all kinds of support and we will always be here for you Suseka.

TTFTM x
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options

Take care

Ellie xx

Yeah milestones, we love 'em :beer:
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • FuzzyDF
    FuzzyDF Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Good Afternoon Lovely Peeps,

I recently sent two complaint letters to BOS card and Hellifax Loan to complain about the continuation of charging me interest and putting me into further financial difficulty. I expressed that I wanted everything in writing and gave them 8 weeks to respond. They keep phoning (I'm not picking up). I have also emailed them to keep it all in writing (which bit don't they understand).

Today (normally get a default on a Saturday) I got a letter from them saying that the only way to resolve this is to talk. Shall I send a further email or wait 8 weeks and just pass it over to the FOS.

In other news, got my liver results today, they can't tell for sure if all the lesions are benign therefore I am going to have to have a biopsy :eek:

I lead a healthy lifestyle, don't drink etc, just shows that the experts aren't always right! I wish they had sent me the results after the weekend as I'm going to ponder (not going to Google).
    LBM 2 June 2014
  • timeforaction_2
    Options
    Stepchange pack came today , just had a quick look 19 years its going to take to repay eeekkk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure