Trying for a Baby Part 8

Comments

• Good point Raz. I'd offer but I know I'd make a complete mess of it :o

Well done courgette on a more relaxed attitude, I could learn a thing or two from you :)

x
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    congratulations BB!!! Glad you did that test!

MrsJ28 - thats so funny you were thinking about teaching too. Yeah we could survive off a small busary and DH's wage but after the year of training, then a year of qualifying, it would still take maybe 7 years or something after that to get up to the wage Im on now, which pretty much put me off as thats like a decade in total! Although I like the idea of being on holiday at the same time as potential future children of our own. Although I have to say when I talk to my friend who is a teacher, I get put right off:rotfl:but then she works at a crazy obsessive grammar school.

I thought about doing the training for it when I came back from travelling last year, but then I wouldnt have been able to start a pgce until around now, then the training and qualifying for 2 years, and then I probably would have wanted to have worked for 1 year, meaning putting off ttc for 3! So decided not to in the end.

Did you see Sonya now has a medium sized bump??

So glad its the weekend. No sign of ov which is not unusual for me. Starting temping again so I dont miss it. Going on holiday in 2 weeks so will see if it comes before then or not!
  • Lily_The_Legend
    Lily_The_Legend Posts: 16,274 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 8:47PM
    Evening ladies! :hello:

OMG huge congratulations Bigbird! :j:j:j Fab news! :D

Congrats on your new job squirrel! :T:T:T Sorry to hear about your DH's SA. :(

abis, what a fab list of positives :)

Teamlowe, keeping everything crossed for a BFP for you!! :D

Thanks for all your support about my git of a doctor! The plan for the time being is to go for the blood test next week, then DH is off the week after and will try to get in to see a different doctor and ask about getting a test done. Trying not to stress about it all at the moment. I do have fairly regular cycles, so maybe that's why the doctor said to come back at 18 months, maybe he thinks that us losing weight will help matters.

All the Red Dwarf talk made me laugh, I used to watch it years ago but didn't like the last programme they made, we've taped this one as DH is mad keen! And as for Homeland OMG I can't wait!! Got to say I have a little crush on Damian Lewis in that! :o Maybe it's the uniform...

I like all the period dramas too, Downton and the Paradise at the moment.

Trina, it can be hard when others announce their pregnancies in real life. Think we've all struggled with that.

I've been feeling up and down today, I often get PMT in the two weeks before my period. Will have to summon some PMA for tomorrow as it's my niece's christening. We found out that my SIL was pregnant with her literally a few minutes after my first negative pregnancy test last September. She rang while I was sat here sobbing and I just knew from what DH was saying on the phone that she was pregnant. Of course I was pleased for her, it just made me even more sad for us in a way. Anyway, our niece is a lovely little thing, I love her and my nephew very much, and I've written a poem to put in the card for tomorrow. I hope SIL likes it. (Don't care about BIL, he's an eejit! ;) )

Oh dear, I've rambled on a bit! Meant to say, bigzippy glad the pre-op went ok :)QQ if you're off on a trip hope you have a nice time :)

Oh, and lilymay, so sorry for causing the confusion! I don't mind peeps calling me LTL.

Also, welcome to the new ladies :)

x
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Don't want to SS but as QQ isn't here to wag her finger at me, I'm gonna. For the past few days I've been craving salt to the extent I can't think about anything else and have mainly been eating s&v Pringles and I feel dizzy and sick, probably because I had Pringles for dinner. My boobs still hurt and I'm still sensitive to caffeine. Last night I went to bed at 10 and was still tired when the alarm went off, and I had a crazy dream about the guy who died coming back from the dead to give me his garden fence in his will. And I keep burping and have had cramps since ov. I'm only 6 or 7dpo - that's too early for Ace Rimmer Monkey to make his presence known if he exists isn't it?

Someone give me a slap please.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • atton83
    atton83 Posts: 604 Forumite
    Hi girls sorry ive beenaway ive had a really crappy week. Tuesday i ended up having to run out of the uni as had been fighting all day and i didnt want a seizure in front of the kids as i know they would freak. So i ran out got to the car n oh had one thing to do before we got home.
    I got home and then promptly had 25 seizures apparantly. Think u got a bit of concushion yes i know i cant spell.

Had to take two days off to recoop

Sf paid today and most of the wedding is now paid two more things to pay n then its all systems go eeeeekkkkkk.
    Third assignment is in for my wedding day. I sooo dont think thats happening.

The woman who is in charge of my evening reception is 8weeks on clomid first time round
    My mate is also 8weeks preggs

Congrats mogwai

I got a little worried earlier my cm has turned back to ew n lots of it

Also keep feeling sick n i dont normally

Wed i shud b on oh well anoth month of nothing happening. Whens it my turn????
  • atton83
    atton83 Posts: 604 Forumite
    Watched the new red dwarf and i was cackerling nice to see craig back were he belongs corri is sooooo not him
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry to be a drain on PMA, but I need to vent (and it's CD1 :()

A while ago my friend (hereby known as Friend1) suggested she wanted to go to a Centre Parcs type place for her birthday which is early next year, and she was encouraging friends to come along for the weekend. She made it very clear that partners and even friends she'd never met would all be very welcome. I signed myself and DH up thinking it would be nice to celebrate her birthday and see our mutual friends, even though it meant taking time off work and wasn't exactly cheap (and even though she'd refused to come to our wedding as it was too expensive and she wouldn't take the time off work :o)

Another mutual friend of many years (Friend2) has recently moved very close to us (think a couple of streets away) and I'd got quite upset because she never came over when I invited her and repeatedly had house parties, etc at her house but didn't bother to invite me. I was really low anyway (was withdrawing from anti-depressants at the time in order to start TTCing) and DH was upset to see me so weepy. When she posted an update on Facebook about the fun night she was having DH posted a message saying that she should have got in touch with me, at which point Friend1 weighed into the fray saying DH was out of line, etc.

DH apologised and they promptly de-friended him on Facebook. It's now several weeks later and I've met up with friend2, who was the one he'd been a bit rude to, on a number of occasions and we've joked about the situation. Completely out of the blue and during our 5 year anniversary dinner I received a text from friend1 saying that DH was no longer welcome on the Centre Parcs weekend but I am still invited to what is essentially a couple's retreat with her and her boyfriend, friend2 and her boyfriend and a few other couples.

Cue crying and general upset between myself and DH on what should have been a lovely and memorable night. I've not been able to sleep at all since and just feel physically sick - I've known this girl for years and she was never even the one DH 'offended'. It just all seems so childish. I know she's entitled to have whoever she wants at her birthday, but she's been very clear that even complete strangers are welcome, just not DH.
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    ...well I can drink tonight :( any room left in the barren corner? Why do I do thus to myself, sick of seeing bfn!
    What's even worse is I don't trust it cos I used the urine in the cup method and only realised after the test was working that I only held it in for 5 seconds and not twenty so I'm probably going to end up doing it again just to make sure. Rawer I'm an idiot to think I'd ever deserve a forever baby :( x x
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    aww TeamLowe please dont think like that. Your baby is coming, they're just taking a bit longer in quality control to make sure its perfect. xx

This process is so damn hard.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Aww codemonkey thank you for that, really made me smile :) x x
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income