Tmobile price increase

Comments

• anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    EE must really be getting confused. I have today (24 April) received a letter dated 9th April, which is the standard vague blurb that a lot of you have already received. I've sent them 2 letters and 2 emails since then - and have had the official "legal" response email as well - so why have they sent this? I'm glad they have - that is another47p they have spent!!!

To make it worse whilst they have my correct name and address on the letter address and the correct phone number they have started "Dear Mr Ackerman" - that's not my name - not even got the same initials. I wonder if I should start to question their Data Protection abilities??

I've also received a letter today, I think it's in response to my original letter received by T-Mobile on 9 April. Seems just a generic response, but what strikes me is that, unlike the written notice, it is specifically dated 10 April 2013, and states "The rise is in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI) which is currently at 3.3%". To me, this is definitive proof that they are simply quoting the incorrect rate, rather than the future one?

Does your letter of 9 April say the same?
  • ruflonger
    ruflonger Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Spoke to CISAS I don’t think I made it clear it was a breach of contract that was then problem was redirected OFCOM.

Spoke OFCOM explained that TMobile had increase the price of the contract by RPI 3.3%, and Tmobiles T&C clause that gives me the right to terminate my contract without penalty.

He agreed I had a case and quoted the general condition 9.6 - communications providers must provide customers for whom a change is likely to be of material detriment with one month’s notice of the change.

Customers must also be informed that they are entitled to terminate their contract without penalty if the change is not acceptable to them.

If you are affected you by such a change, in the first instance you should speak to your provider about your concerns.

If the problem relates to a particular term or condition, you can log a complaint with Ofcom.

Ofcom monitors complaints about the behavior of communications providers and if there is a high volume of complaints about a particular issue, may investigate and take action as required

He advised me that if the situation continues be clear with CISAS that is a breach of contract that I am complaining about. I also registered a complaint and was provided with a ref no.

Once I receive a response from TMobile putting my case in dispute I will be contacting CISAS again to proceed with the complaint
  • anna2007
    edited 25 April 2013 at 2:48PM
    ruflonger wrote: »
    Spoke to CISAS I don’t think I made it clear it was a breach of contract that was then problem was redirected OFCOM.

CISAS is probably being contacted daily with customers complaining about the price increase - you have to be VERY clear that your complaint relates to a breach of the contract terms, and only that. If you fill out the CISAS application online, there's a field for type of complaint, and 'Contract Terms' is in the dropdown list.

ruflonger - I've sent you a PM - could you let me know if you've received it ok (says 0 items sent, even though I clicked to send!) Sorry, have tried sending 3 times and isn't showing as sent - maybe I'm not allowed to PM yet?
  • ruflonger
    edited 25 April 2013 at 3:45PM
    anna2007 - Received PM and responded. Needed to edit because of limitations on characters on PM

Relevant response from T-Mobile UK on Facebook 12th April

Hi Ruflonger, the increase in the price plan charges is in line with the 3.3% rate of inflation as measured by the Retail Price Index (RPI) released on 12 February 2013. Our pay monthly terms and conditions state that we may increase charges by up to the RPI figure in any 12 month period.

Ref: consumeractiongroup -T-Mobile-price-increase-Cancel-contract - page3
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    anna2007 - Received PM and responded. Needed to edit because of limitations on characters on PM

Relevant response from T-Mobile UK on Facebook 12th April

Hi Ruflonger, the increase in the price plan charges is in line with the 3.3% rate of inflation as measured by the Retail Price Index (RPI) released on 12 February 2013. Our pay monthly terms and conditions state that we may increase charges by up to the RPI figure in any 12 month period.

Ref: consumeractiongroup -T-Mobile-price-increase-Cancel-contract - page3

Do you have a screenshot? It looks like its been removed from their Facebook page.
    ====
  • ruflonger
    Have screen shot but don't know how to post it here. Insert image only provides http:// link
  • anna2007
    d123 wrote: »
    Do you have a screenshot? It looks like its been removed from their Facebook page.

d123 I've sent you a PM - if you haven't received it, could you PM ruflonger?
  • anna2007
    Have screen shot but don't know how to post it here. Insert image only provides http:// link

Sorry x-post! Have asked d123 to help you out, I can't seem to send a PM, never mind post a screenshot!
  • ruflonger
    anna2007 wrote: »
    Sorry x-post! Have asked d123 to help you out, I can't seem to send a PM, never mind post a screenshot!

Thanks anna2007, as newbie can only send one PM every 60 mins
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

I've PMed you an email address, if you can send it to me I'll upload it somewhere and then add it to the thread.

To do it yourself you need to upload it to somewhere like Flickr, Photobucket or similar, once it's there it will have an link to use, which you post into the post.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport