Beat the YNAB price increase

EmmaMicawber
EmmaMicawber Posts: 138 Forumite
edited 14 November 2017 at 9:16PM in Debt-free wannabe
This is just in case you were thinking of signing up for a free trial of YNAB (I find it amazing)-

they are about to increase their price by 68% at midnight tonight (possibly Utah time as that is where they're based) but if you sign up for a month's free trial BEFORE 15 November and the subsequently decide to subscribe, you will then always pay the old price of $50 per year instead of the new price of $83.88 per year.

But you'll need to act fast!

Details here:
https://www.youneedabudget.com/price-change-faqs-2017/

Comments

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Or if you use this link you get 3 months (no connection other than I used same link) https://www.youneedabudget.com/landing/camp-patton/ maybe others if you Google around
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What about those that pay monthly?
  • Seems quite expensive for software to create yourself a budget?, wouldn't it be better to use something free like Microsoft Money?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Or even a pen and a piece of paper.............

You can get a lot of pens and paper for $83………
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Peter999 wrote: »
    Seems quite expensive for software to create yourself a budget?, wouldn't it be better to use something free like Microsoft Money?
    It doesn't do budgeting as well as YNAB does though.
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Or even a pen and a piece of paper.............

You can get a lot of pens and paper for $83………
    Bloody hard work though if you have 20 accounts.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • clearcheckbook.com works just as well as YNAB (more so, I think) and has free accounts.
  • Jon_B_2
    Jon_B_2 Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Post
    YNAB has always seemed like an oxymoron to me.
  • If you have multiple accounts and find pen and paper hard, just create your own Excel spreadsheets, can be linked and use formulae to assist.

Why spend money unnecessarily ?

I have three basic sheets:-

1.0 Annual budgeting with annual/1/2 yearly and quarterly bills with cash flow

2.0 Main bank account, updated daily

3.0 Subsidiary accounts for savings and specific allocations

Really easy and simple and free
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I can't see point of YNAB either. But if it works for you then great.

I use excel personally because you can use formulae and multiple sheets.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure